10/28/2022 7:00 EDT Atlanta Hawks vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

While admittedly I did like the teal at first, I also was in 9th grade and bright colors were kinda the thing then, with in a couple years though I was ready to go back to the red, white and blue and from what I recall so was everybody else. Now cause of the power of nostalgia people are acting like these are some awesome jerseys.

I will say though I do like the DP secondary logo with the tail pipes and flames coming out, I always thought that was pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

While admittedly I did like the teal at first, I also was in 9th grade and bright colors were kinda the thing then, with in a couple years though I was ready to go back to the red, white and blue and from what I recall so was everybody else. Now cause of the power of nostalgia people are acting like these are some awesome jerseys.

I will say though I do like the DP secondary logo with the tail pipes and flames coming out, I always thought that was pretty cool. 

I hated just about everything about it. 

The Pistons were only about the 824th sports team to go to teal, so it seemed foolish to me to join the other lemmings.  I suppose the same could be said about blue, red, and white, but that has been the team's colors for so long.

The logos were too cartoony, too.  The horsehead and the tailpipes, OK, I get the link to the Motor City.  I think that could have been done better.

12 minutes ago, casimir said:

I hated just about everything about it. 

The Pistons were only about the 824th sports team to go to teal, so it seemed foolish to me to join the other lemmings.  I suppose the same could be said about blue, red, and white, but that has been the team's colors for so long.

The logos were too cartoony, too.  The horsehead and the tailpipes, OK, I get the link to the Motor City.  I think that could have been done better.

Yeah iirc the Charlotte Hornets moved merch like hotcakes from their inception in the late 80s to the mid 90s and many folks contributed that to their color scheme which is why expansion teams like the Rockies in baseball and Raps and Grizzlies in basketball went to similar color schemes. Then a bunch of other franchises like the Pistons decided to follow suit and it got to the point where like you said it felt like everybody had teal, purple or something of that sort. 

the thing about the teal was there was no reason to do it.  they wanted to break from their past?  why?  celebrate the past, dont change for change's sake.

it was a dumb thing to do and it failed both on the court and in the marketplace because they abandoned it a few years later and went back to their roots.

the pistons have nice uniforms and good colors.  there is no need for teal.

Nice start for Cade leaning on his mid range jump shot.  He's got that little fadeaway going and needs to use that more often when he is struggling.  

Until Casey changes up his lineups, this defense is not going to get better and it's going to be extremely hard to win games because it puts so much pressure on the offense to score nearly every possession.  

This is exactly what you want to see from Cade and the best part is, knock on wood, he doesn't have a turnover.  If you surround him with shooters, and a big who can finish, you have something.  We don't have the big (at last not Stewart) and we don't have enough shooters.  Diallo just missed a wide open three from the corner on a beautiful dish from Cade.  A good shooter hits that 60% of the time when wide open.  Diallo hits it maybe 15% of the time if we are lucky. 

Edited by Hart

I know Diallo was never really good but there was a time last year I thought he was a decent player who filled a niche role.  He is just awful right now.  Same for Killian.  There are slow starts and then there are SLOW starts.  It's almost hard to believe that those two guys could be as bad as they have.  

The teal jerseys were terrible but I don't blame it all on the teal. The accent colors made it so ugly. The light red, the dark yellow, then they blasted the whole look with a black outline. It was so busy with colors that didn't compliment each other. Just horrible.

I'm being serious when I say I think there could have been an opportunity for a really cool teal jersey. Navy blue for the secondary color to contrast dark and light. Then like a super light icy blue, almost white, as the the other accent color. And something like that would have been sick.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hart said:

I'll give Casey credit for one thing, he is staggering Ivey and Cade's minutes tonight.  Something many on this board have been calling for.  

He actually started doing it in the second half of the Knicks game. Just not as noticeable a stagger. And he did still have a few minutes without both Cade and Jaden. But he did start to stagger minutes of those two since the Knicks.