10/28/2022 7:00 EDT Atlanta Hawks vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

First of all...you have to hit your open shots.  But you also have to make the smart play.  Cade throwing a poor lob to Ivey.  Cade passing up an open mid range for a contested shot at the hoop.  Saddiq passing up an open three for a contested shot at the hoop.  Teams step up their defense in the second half and the Pistons just seem to roll over.  

So much for Cade getting some calls. 

But seriously, the Hawks are 9-21 from three.  The Pistons are 4-20.  And Bogey is 2-4.  You have to be able to knock down some threes.  I can only defend Bey for so long.  He has to take them and he has to make some.  

Cade with an impressive stat line. Too bad the game wasn't even competitive by the 4th quarter.

Super disappointing start to the season, and the schedule only gets tougher from here. On paper, the first 6 games looked like an opportunity for them to get a few wins before the tough stretch. 3-3 would have even kept hope alive. Right now, looks like wins won't only be hard to come by, but likely a lot of ugly basketball and lopsided losses along the way.

Really hoping that guys like Burks and Bagley can give the bench some offensive production. Burks can take all of Killian's minutes for all I care. And I don't need to see Diallo play anymore at all. And like others have said and suggested, would be quite in favor of Saddiq in the second unit and Livers replacing him. Joseph, Burks, Bey, Bagley, and either Stewart or Duren could even potentially be a good bench unit.

Edited by boogiebunz

Well only 6 games in but at 1-5 we are tied for 3rd behind only the win less Lakers and Kings in the Wemby sweepstakes. I'm fine with us finishing there but I hope if we do we have some more competitive games like the one the other night or season opener vs. these blowouts. I hate watching games that are over by the 4th quarter. 

Watching Cade shine at least makes us watchable.  But I don't know if I can get thru a whole season with the way we play defense.  After last night, we are last in points given up and opponent field goal percentage.  I know the NBA is basically a three point shooting contest now but Casey has to see we need more size in the starting lineup to try and stop the bleeding of our defense.  We can't continue down this path with Isaiah Stewart, all 6'8 of him, as the only big in our starting lineup.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hart said:

Watching Cade shine at least makes us watchable.  But I don't know if I can get thru a whole season with the way we play defense.  After last night, we are last in points given up and opponent field goal percentage.  I know the NBA is basically a three point shooting contest now but Casey has to see we need more size in the starting lineup to try and stop the bleeding of our defense.  We can't continue down this path with Isaiah Stewart, all 6'8 of him, as the only big in our starting lineup.  

True, it’s become more of a 3 point shooting league.  And then when teams play the Pistons, they also have the advantage of scoring around the basket at will.

The switch first philosophy and lack of size have yet to be addressed and likely won’t be addressed for a while.  We’re probably more likely to see a full court press employed than a lineup change any time soon.

Edited by casimir