10/30/2022 6:00 EDT Golden State Warriors vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

Stewart in general is a solid rebounder. But I've seen games where he's gotten starter minutes and only pulled 1-2 rebounds the entire game. And it's not just once every 20 games or something like that.

The eye test makes Stewart's shortcomings more obvious. When Stewart is battling with a guy who is clearly bigger and longer and can jump, it's no match. He has no shot. That's the difference. Duren can jump with many if not most of those really big centers.

This game is example of why Saddiq would be more valuable on the bench.  Even though I still prefer him take more threes, it is clear he has some ability to create shots with the dribble drive.  And long term, it would allow us to get more size and defense in the lineup that we desperately need.  Short term, it would make sense just to make the swap with Livers.  

Duren is 18 years old, a rookie, and is 6'10.  He is probably going to get better and better as a rebounder.  Stewart is 21 and 6'8.  I don't think there is a lot of room for growth as a rebounder.  

I like Stewart.  I just want him next to another big or off the bench.  Asking him to be a 6'8 center next to a bunch of wings is not a good long term strategy.  He is not likely to be Draymond Green in his prime and we will likely not ever have the support cast Draymond had back then.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boogiebunz said:

If the team wasn't already 1-5, I'd enjoy this competitive game against a team the caliber of Golden State much more. But because of the bad record early in this season, I really would like them to get this win. Really, really badly.

Looks like they are going to get it.  I do agree it is good for morale.  Not really worried about tanking at this point in the season with guys like Cade and Ivey already on the roster.  

The offense is coming around since Cade decided he was going to be more aggressive.  Now, adding Ivey back to the mix after that bout with sickness takes a little pressure off him.  Still going to be painful most games watching our defense but for one night, I can enjoy the win.  

Cade's putting up those numbers despite not shooting the lights out from three or getting to the line a bunch so those scoring numbers have the potential to be even better.otoh the longer he goes without doing those two things the more worried I get that he won't develop either skill, atleast with any sorta consistency.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Deleterious said:

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cade's putting up those numbers despite not shooting the lights out from three or getting to the line a bunch so those scoring numbers have the potential to be even better.otoh the longer he goes without doing those two things the more worried I get that he won't develop either skill, atleast with any sorta consistency.

Yes, 34 for 68 including 2 for 9 from beyond the arc and 14 of 16 from the line.

It does seem like he's come inside the 3 point line for his shots more than the first few games of the season.

image.png.4fc4e3fd7418c653d3636628cd2f0880.png