10/30/2022 6:00 EDT Golden State Warriors vs Detroit Pistons

casimir

5 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Ive heard some compare him to Derozan in regards to scoring due to the abundance of mid range shots, if he can score like him while being a better faciltator and defender that wouldn't be the worst outcome in the world.

Over 39 minutes last night.  I didn't realize he was out there so much.  Probably doesn't bode well for tonight.  But Golden State at home, there's a chance to win it against that kind of competition, let the kids chase that win that's right in front of them.  Golden State kept pushing back in the second half, but I don't think they were able to get closer than a half dozen.  There was some good back and forth and each time had some runs (Poole had his own), but the Pistons established that lead and didn't give it up.  Sure, Golden State was on the end of a back to back on the road, but given the talent discrepancy, this should be something the teals should be proud of.  

The crowd noise..... look, I get the top teams are going to have fans all over, but it sounded 50/50 at best early on.  That's kind of frustrating to hear.

Don't see a lot of similarities with DeRozan other than the midrange jumper and similar size. Games are pretty disparate really. DeRozan largely plays off the ball, although he has handled it more in recent years with the Bulls. His midrange is often catch and shoot or off of midpost, pivot moves. Cade is almost strictly a pull-up, off the dribble. They're shooting midrange shots differently.

It's good to see Cade aggressive with the midrange the last couple games. It's helping the rest of his offense by getting him into a rhythm. He's even made some tough, contested lay-ups that he was missing first few games. The lay-up on Wiseman was impressive. But eventually he'll have to take and make more threes. It's not just about scoring and getting himself in a rhythm. The midrange jumper doesn't create the spacing to force the defense to collapse on drives for open kickout threes. It's not that he has to abandon the midrange. I just think as a primary facilitator, he has to mix both into his offense and force the defense to play honest and all the way out to the three point line. It will help both him and his teammates.

15 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Stew and Duren rebound at almost the exact same rate.  The problem is the massive drop off after them.  Nobody else on the roster is even close to them.

Two of their main bench bigs are on the shelf so that's not surprising.

What's the deal with Noel anyway? Apparently he's healthy enough to play and they can certainly use some size and defense in the interior so it's odd that he hasn't played yet especially with such a condensed earlier schedule and depth being important.

4 hours ago, casimir said:

Over 39 minutes last night.  I didn't realize he was out there so much.  Probably doesn't bode well for tonight.  But Golden State at home, there's a chance to win it against that kind of competition, let the kids chase that win that's right in front of them.  Golden State kept pushing back in the second half, but I don't think they were able to get closer than a half dozen.  There was some good back and forth and each time had some runs (Poole had his own), but the Pistons established that lead and didn't give it up.  Sure, Golden State was on the end of a back to back on the road, but given the talent discrepancy, this should be something the teals should be proud of.  

The crowd noise..... look, I get the top teams are going to have fans all over, but it sounded 50/50 at best early on.  That's kind of frustrating to hear.

Honestly, I can't blame the fans for being divided at this point.  The Pistons have been a crap team forever and were off to a bad start this year.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Two of their main bench bigs are on the shelf so that's not surprising.

What's the deal with Noel anyway? Apparently he's healthy enough to play and they can certainly use some size and defense in the interior so it's odd that he hasn't played yet especially with such a condensed earlier schedule and depth being important.

Noel is healthy?  They really need a guy of his size and apparent skill level out there.

13 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Cade's putting up those numbers despite not shooting the lights out from three or getting to the line a bunch so those scoring numbers have the potential to be even better.otoh the longer he goes without doing those two things the more worried I get that he won't develop either skill, atleast with any sorta consistency.

I think the three point shooting is more likely than the free throw attempts.