November Game Threads

lordstanley

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I shut it off.   What's the story with Mo?    Have they said anything?  Has he come back into the game? 

He got back on the ice to skate around... looks ok but I'll bet he's got a nice little bruise and a lot of soreness where he got hit with the puck...

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I think there is a reason they are carrying 3 goalies right now and I think it may be 2 pretty soon and he won't be one of them.  

Can we get back any value from Ned?

I would think he's at his lowest value right now.

I still believe he can play better than this... but can we get better play, right now, from Hellberg or any other backup goalie?

21 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Can we get back any value from Ned?

I would think he's at his lowest value right now.

I still believe he can play better than this... but can we get better play, right now, from Hellberg or any other backup goalie?

I don't know.  Something drastically changed in the middle of last season

In the first 30 games of last year he had a record of 12-11-5 and a SPCT of .915 and a GAA of 2.79

Since then   10-16-5  3.92 goals against, .885 save percentage

It was like flipping a switch.   What the hell happened.     You don't stay in the NHL with those numbers, even if your defense is bad.     Does he need lasik surgery or something? 

He's a liability now.   You start him in a game and it feels like your chance to win gets cut drastically before the puck even drops.    

Edited by Motor City Sonics