November Game Threads

lordstanley

Is Chiarot slowing Seider down...?

Or, put differently: When is it time to call up Edvinsson and pair him with Seider?

It wouldn't bother me to drop Chiarot to the 3rd pairing... he's here as much for veteran leadership as anything else so... Maybe he can lead Lindstrom into playing better on the 3rd pairing...

Probably not a popular take here but I disagree.  Faceoffs are overrated and Glendening has the worst possession/advanced statistics of the entire Dallas Stars roster and yet somehow has the 4th highest PDO so his overall numbers could get even worse. I would rather lose faceoffs and have a fourth line with Veleno's and Berggren's who can contribute in all zones theoretically.  Winning a faceoff is nice but if you can't do anything with it afterwards then it really isn't much of an advantage in my opinion.  I really dislike players who's game revolves around being stationary in the defensive zone and hoping the puck hits you, so I fully admit I have always underrated him compared to others.  But in general I think having elite faceoff guys doesn't have as much of an effect on games compared to other areas.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

(But still his gum gif is too good to not have it as my pfp)

4 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Probably not a popular take here but I disagree.  Faceoffs are overrated and Glendening has the worst possession/advanced statistics of the entire Dallas Stars roster and yet somehow has the 4th highest PDO so his overall numbers could get even worse. I would rather lose faceoffs and have a fourth line with Veleno's and Berggren's who can contribute in all zones theoretically.  Winning a faceoff is nice but if you can't do anything with it afterwards then it really isn't much of an advantage in my opinion.  I really dislike players who's game revolves around being stationary in the defensive zone and hoping the puck hits you, so I fully admit I have always underrated him compared to others.  But in general I think having elite faceoff guys doesn't have as much of an effect on games compared to other areas.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

(But still his gum gif is too good to not have it as my pfp)

The problem is if they were going to keep him they needed the version that was still <30 yrs old. He had once provided some speed and forechecking but those skills were going to be fading.