NBA Info - November 2022

Deleterious

kyrie irving doesnt hate jews, he's just stupid so he falls for conspiracy theories and outlandish takes from people like the black israelites.

he has apologized so he should be able to work.  if i'm the nets, i keep him out the whole year because he's a cancer and the team is much better without him.

or better yet, trade him to the lakers!  

11 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Would LeBron be so understanding if a person said an anti African American remark but then apologized after public backlash or does that type of leeway only happen when it's antisemitic?

you know the answer to that question.

or if someone dared to suggest that the chinese shouldnt kill muslims.  

btw, where's gregg popovich or steve kerr?  dont they want to say this is unacceptable and hold a press conference?  no?  hmmm...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

After two years of watching Grant in a Pistons uniform, at no point did I think he was going to take that to the hole and dunk it. I've seen the beginning of that play a hundred times and it had 20 foot jumper written all over it every time in a Pistons uniform. Goes to show you what being on a team that has a chance to win games does for a person - they actually try harder.

Edited by Betrayer

always good to see the nba players rallying around social justice causes like defending the guy who thinks jews historically keep black people down and drink the blood of christian babies.

but hey, nike is bad and that's what's really important to point out.  gotta keep those sjw credentials.

(hint: nike is bad)

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:53 AM, RandyMarsh said:

Pistons is the top row 2nd from the end on the right. Im glad it's something other than another boring black or gray jersey but what's the story behind the green? I saw somebody in the comments on the tweet say it was for Vernors but that doesnt really look like Vernors colors to me. 

Just going back to this, it seems a missed opportunity to go to an alt red jersey which I thought there was some support for.  Maybe I'm projecting my own opinion, maybe that was a popular sentiment around this forum, but I thought the reds last year were well accepted (teal and electric bolt aside).

The storyline of St. Cecelia's and NBA players going there is cool.  I don't know if the green is related to that or not.  If so, they could have probably tied that into the Pistons' primary blue & red in some other way.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:27 AM, RandyMarsh said:

Would LeBron be so understanding if a person said an anti African American remark but then apologized after public backlash or does that type of leeway only happen when it's antisemitic?

Uh.... Nope, but of course nobody media person will mention that because, well you know why. Some society we live in.

Edited by NYLion

On 11/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, Deleterious said:

Marc Spears was on NBAToday and said Mexico city is a legit contender for this round of expansion.  

He is just following up on what the deputy comissioner said earlier, but his quotes were much more blah, what else is he gonna say kinda thing. 

Plus Spears, not so bright. 

"They been waiting for two years because of the pandemic to get to Mexico City. They're finally there. This is the fifth largest city in the world. This is 33 million people, that have access to their games, they have a 22,000 seat arena. This would be not New York, five times bigger than New York."

Expect New York City and Mexico have about the same population (off by about 100K) and the Metro areas are NYC 19.7 million to Mexico City's just over 21. So he's an idiot.

I expect a leader not to say the second paragraph to anyone in public.

B/R Exclusive: Kevin Durant Explains Trade Request, Coaching Frustrations and More

“I’m not a leader? What the f--k does that mean?” Durant asked B/R. “A lot of people say I’m not a leader because I didn’t tell Kyrie to get vaccinated. Come on. Or I didn’t condemn Kyrie for leaving the team, going out and living his life. I’m not about to tell a grown-ass man what he can and can't do with his own life and dissect his views or how he thinks about s--t.

“Look at our starting lineup. Edmond Sumner, Royce O’Neale, Joe Harris, [Nic] Claxton and me. It’s not disrespect, but what are you expecting from that group?" Durant asked of B/R. “You expect us to win because I’m out there. So if you’re watching from that lens, you’re expecting us to play well because No. 7 is out there.

Damn KD throwing the guys right under the bus. It would've been bad enough to say something like "We just don't have the talent level of some of the top teams in the league" or something to that effect but he took it a step forward by actually using the guys names. 

Horrible comments aside he's not necessarily wrong about the talent level, it's crazy to see Brooklyn's fall from grace from that standpoint, a year or two ago it felt like they were loaded with All Star level talent now not so much. Gotta love it!

• Thanks 1