NBA Info - November 2022

Deleterious

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Damn KD throwing the guys right under the bus. It would've been bad enough to say something like "We just don't have the talent level of some of the top teams in the league" or something to that effect but he took it a step forward by actually using the guys names. 

Horrible comments aside he's not necessarily wrong about the talent level, it's crazy to see Brooklyn's fall from grace from that standpoint, a year or two ago it felt like they were loaded with All Star level talent now not so much. Gotta love it!

Personally I think its great to see the super trio of Durant/Irving/Simmons drive a team into the ground.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, casimir said:

Personally I think its great to see the super trio of Durant/Irving/Simmons drive a team into the ground.

Actually, that's probably a bit heavy handed to fans of the Nets.  I'd amend to say, its great to see a couple of malcontents like Durant & Irving fail spectacularly at their attempt to run a team.

• Like 1

Scouring box scores from last night and in the Mavs loss to the Rockets the Mavs starters scored a combined 29 points. Luka sat out last night so that hurt the the starters but still 29 points that's got to be close to a record low for a starting 5. Meanwhile Dinwiddie and Wood both put up 25+ coming off the bench. 

Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo, 76ers’ Montrezl Harrell involved in postgame altercation

Milwaukee star Giannis Antetokounmpo tried to shoot extra free throws after a terrible game he had at the line. Sixers backup center Montrezl Harrell and a coaching staff member, Jason Love, returned to the court, and Harrell took the ball from Giannis and refused to give it back.

Harrell stood in the corner shaking his head and holding the ball while Antetokounmpo pleaded with him.

“This isn’t f—— Milwaukee,” Harrell barked at Antetokounmpo, as witnessed by The Athletic. “Get that s— out of there.”

Not a good look for Harrell or Philly.

Disagree - maybe. Did Giannis ask the arena guys if they could leave him some time to shoot? Otherwise it appeared he interfered with the arena staff people just trying to do their jobs - a shoot around after the game was apparently not on the schedule. It would make sense if Harrell took the ball away and told him to go the locker room to support his arena guys.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Disagree - maybe. Did Giannis ask the arena guys if they could leave him some time to shoot? Otherwise it appeared he interfered with the arena staff people just trying to do their jobs - a shoot around after the game was apparently not on the schedule. It would make sense if Harrell took the ball away and told him to go the locker room to support his arena guys.

Yes, there was someone close to him in a red shirt.  76ers’ employee?  It seems like there would have been a Bucks’ employee next to him.

Even if he were right to be on the court, pushing down the ladder seems uncalled for.

Giannis with a great shot at Montrezl.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/35057391/giannis-antetokounmpo-ladder-incident-meant-no-disrespect?platform=amp

"I respect every player," Antetokounmpo said. "I know some players don't play now, they want to get some extra work, want to work on their skills and stuff, and I said, obviously we can shoot together.

Edited by Deleterious

LOL- So the the ladder happened after Harrell had taken the ball away. Giannis' account does make Harrell look like a jerk, they could have shared the basket, but Giannis was probably still out of bounds also if he came back out once the arena was closing up and he was being petulant to the crew about having to finish some routine that exists only in his mind. 

13 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Except there is no reason for the ladder to be there.  Giannis wasn't stopping anyone from doing their job.  They simply put it there to fuck with him.  Even the Philly fans were chanting "let him shoot."  

I heard the ladder is being fined $15,000 for flopping.  

The ladder plays better defense than Harden.