2022-2023 NCAAMBB Thread

casimir

12 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Florida Atlantic upsets KSU to make the Final Four. With SDSU playing Creighton in the other final of that side of the bracket that means that we are guaranteed to have either Florida Atlantic, San Diego State or Creighton in the Championship Final. 

That's what I had in my bracket (that I forgot to send in).

4 hours ago, casimir said:

That's what I had in my bracket (that I forgot to send in).

It's funny how you can get these type of outcomes in the College Basketball but something that would never happen in College Football. Yet when it comes to Professional football and basketball the roles are reversed where you have the "any given Sunday" thing of the NFL where 6 seeds have made the Super Bowl but rarely see a low seeded playoff team advance in the NBA playoffs. 

17 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

It's funny how you can get these type of outcomes in the College Basketball but something that would never happen in College Football. Yet when it comes to Professional football and basketball the roles are reversed where you have the "any given Sunday" thing of the NFL where 6 seeds have made the Super Bowl but rarely see a low seeded playoff team advance in the NBA playoffs. 

prolly because an NBA playoff is a series, not one game do or die. You can steal one game from a better team, doing it mulitple time gets exponentially harder. I'd guess you probably see them less in NCAAF just because the team quality gulf is so much wider. The distance between the 'good' and best teams, especially at the top where the playoff is, is big - bigger than between playoff teams in the NFL.

Edited by gehringer_2

On 3/25/2023 at 8:36 PM, RandyMarsh said:

Florida Atlantic upsets KSU to make the Final Four. With SDSU playing Creighton in the other final of that side of the bracket that means that we are guaranteed to have either Florida Atlantic, San Diego State or Creighton in the Championship Final. 

That SDSU/Creighton game was really good.  Happy to see Brian Dutcher finally get a chance at a Final Four with his own team, after all those years under Steve Fisher, including at Michigan.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...