2023 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

8 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

I'd rather have the **** Man

If the Jazz want to move up...trade pick 5 for picks 9 and 28 (pick 16 is too rich, we'd have to add soemthing).  

9 and 16 is not too rich for 5.  i would never trade 5 for 9 and 28.

33 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

I'd rather have the **** Man

If the Jazz want to move up...trade pick 5 for picks 9 and 28 (pick 16 is too rich, we'd have to add soemthing).  

Not a chance in hell should the Pistons consider that. Either Utah is giving #16 or a lightly protected future 1st to move up to 5. Otherwise, they can go pound sand. Late 1sts aren't worth much in the NBA.

Edited by NYLion

22 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

16 isn't that attractive to me.  Nobody in that range really jumps out at me.  I would need it to be top 13-14 unless someone dropped.

That may be true but you never know who may drop, it seems like every year there are a few guys who drop to that range that you weren't expecting. 

I actually listened to that podcast with Vecenie and JEIII where Edwards talks about Jarace or the Twins being the likely pick.

1) He says no less than 5 times that he's not sure if he's being used as a smokescreen.

2) Then Vecenie goes on for 10 minutes straight about how Walker is literally the worst pick of the bunch for Detroit, followed by the Twins. He says that he's taking Whitmore as fast as possible if he's there at 5 and if not, then he's trading down for the best fit which is Hendricks at 7 (because he may not fall past Indy) or whoever remains at #9 (if you're sure Washington is taking Black).

Remember last year when all the pre-draft talk from JEIII was about how much the Pistons loved Murray and Mathurin? But, who did they draft? Ivey.

This year, who have we heard the most about from JEIII? Walker and the Twins, who we know are coveted by Orlando and Indy respectively. My guess is that this front office is trade shopping.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

If they did 5 for 9 and 16 I would call Dallas and see if Bojan + 16 gets us 10.  

So, essentially 5 & Bogdanovich for 9 & 10?  D*ck has to be picked at 9 or 10 if available in that scenario, right?  This team needs shooting and sends away its best shooter (granted, his overall game is likely to regress at some point soon).

i dont get the fascination with jett howard.  he was a lazy bum at michigan.  he's already a millionaire thanks to his dad, i dont see how you get a kid suddenly motivated to succeed at the nba level when he couldnt be motivated to play for his dad in college.

1 hour ago, casimir said:

So, essentially 5 & Bogdanovich for 9 & 10?  D*ck has to be picked at 9 or 10 if available in that scenario, right?  This team needs shooting and sends away its best shooter (granted, his overall game is likely to regress at some point soon).

The two BPA. Cason Wallace and **** works. 

I realize he is our best shooter but also our worst defender. Playing Bojan will be hard for Williams if he is trying to build a defensive culture.

At 9, one of the same group we're all talking about will still be there.

Orlando takes Ausar or Whitmore (whoever wasn't taken at 5). Washington is going to take Black. That leaves us with either Walker or Hendricks (whoever Indy didn't take). Either way you've upgraded your defense and maybe didn't lose any shooting if you got Hendricks.

Then there are a number of ways you could go with #10. D*ck would be solid for more shooting (and more bad defense) or Coulibaly could be an interesting project here since this is a bonus pick.

Edited by Betrayer

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The two BPA. Cason Wallace and **** works. 

I realize he is our best shooter but also our worst defender. Playing Bojan will be hard for Williams if he is trying to build a defensive culture.

True about Bogdanovic's defense.