2023 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

If you want insanely athletic SG's/wings then Amen Thompson is your guy.  Vecenie has him #3 in his last mock and said the second he is drafted he will be in the top 5 of most athletic players in the league.

Vecenie on his podcast talking about the Thompson twins.  Amen's twin brother is currently 10th in Vecenie's mock.

On 11/20/2022 at 7:18 PM, buddha said:

is bates a first round pick?

He's slightly built..lacks explosion and his arms are relatively short.  In his defense,  he can shoot the ball a bit..but probably not enough to overcome his shortcomings.  Maybe he gets a call in the 2nd round..

3 minutes ago, Shinzaki said:

He's slightly built..lacks explosion and his arms are relatively short.  In his defense,  he can shoot the ball a bit..but probably not enough to overcome his shortcomings.  Maybe he gets a call in the 2nd round..

his shot seems weird to me too.  like a push shot, low on his chest.

15 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

We watching the same guy?  That is definitely not a push shot.  Has good elevation on his shot and a  high release point.  His release is ultra quick so maybe that is throwing people off.  But there is nothing wrong with his form.

I wouldn't call it a low release but to my untrained eye it seems like it was lower than it was say 2 years ago, like when he was the hot shot HS prospect it looked alot like Kevin Durant, now without the benefit of slo mo it looks like he is releasing it lower. I'd have to see a side by side slo mo though to be sure but either way despite his relatively short arms even if the release is a little low it's not like he is 6'2 or 6'3, at his height it should still be effective enough. 

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

We watching the same guy?  That is definitely not a push shot.  Has good elevation on his shot and a  high release point.  His release is ultra quick so maybe that is throwing people off.  But there is nothing wrong with his form.

I haven’t seen him.  Given his off court issues, I don’t care about his talent.  Just hard pass, please.

• Like 1

Whitmore and Whitehead were the two guys I had pegged as the best fits for the Pistons based on position and skillset so needless to say that it's been disappointing to see Whitmore shelved with an injury (I wouldn't be surprised if he sat out the season) and Whitehead getting virtually no playing time.

The Thompson twins are intriguing but I don't know if either are a natural wing, they're more like big guards.

Brandon Miller is another intriguing guy, has the frame and shot to be a legit 3 and D type. Not much of a shot creator though but the Pistons don't need one on wing.

Obviously Victor and Scoot are the prizes (Scoot is just destroying the G League) but I'm preparing for 3-7 as per usual in Pistons lottery lore.

Edited by NYLion