2023 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody could write articles about the Spurs taking someone other than Victor.  So they did it with Scoot.  He was always going to be #2.

I heard Brian Windhorst suggest that San Antonio is trying to get into position to take Coulibaly.

So, if the Pistons were to deal #5 to Utah for #9 & #16, is there anything that makes any sense to move #9 to San Antonio?  They have #33 & #44, but those would only be additions rather than principals.  Does it make sense to move #9 for San Antonio's (unprotected) 1st next season?

5 minutes ago, casimir said:

I heard Brian Windhorst suggest that San Antonio is trying to get into position to take Coulibaly.

So, if the Pistons were to deal #5 to Utah for #9 & #16, is there anything that makes any sense to move #9 to San Antonio?  They have #33 & #44, but those would only be additions rather than principals.  Does it make sense to move #9 for San Antonio's (unprotected) 1st next season?

Not really.  Next years draft is supposed to be weaker and you figure with two lottery picks SA will improve a bit.  I would rather have this years pick.  

Another option.  SA is owed 7 future first round picks from other teams.  Maybe one or two of those would be appealing.  Except Detroit really needs the help now.

16 minutes ago, casimir said:

if they want a french guy for wemby to pal around with, we can give them killian!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I'm ignorant on basketball knowledge compared to most here in the forum. But everything I read online about Gradey D. and everything I watch highlight wise makes me feel like he's Luke Kennard 2.0. Am I wrong in thinking this? How his Gradey different that Luke? As a reviewer on SB Nation put it he doesn't seem to have elite athleticism, a quick first step, length, great ball-handling skills , be an elite passer, or have the ability to draw fouls. He seems like a very talented spot shooter, who doesn't create his own shots, offering little else. How is that not Kennard 2.0?

Yep.

So I'd rather draft Ben Sheppard than Gradey D.