2023 NBA Draft Prelude

Deleterious

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

And if they finish 3rd or 4th in the draft order?

Anyone interested in Brandon Miller? 6' 9" sharp-shooting SF hitting 44% on 3's...?

I'm thinking the Pistons could use some of that...

dont bring everyone down with your 3rd or 4th talk.

Brandon Miller. I liked him the moment I watched him in pre-conference play and he's grown on me more and more with every game. He's been shredding SEC competition vastly improving his inside the arc efficiency while still destroying it from deep. 6'9", nice length, not plus plus athleticism but he moves smoothly kind of like a less athletic Paul George.

I know a lot of Pistons fans probably prefer an uber athletic guy like one of the Thompson twins but Miller's game seems a lot more advanced than them and he's a deadly 3 point shooter which is vital to have in todays' NBA. He's my #3 right now, fluid situation and all.

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

Brandon Miller. I liked him the moment I watched him in pre-conference play and he's grown on me more and more with every game. He's been shredding SEC competition vastly improving his inside the arc efficiency while still destroying it from deep. 6'9", nice length, not plus plus athleticism but he moves smoothly kind of like a less athletic Paul George.

I know a lot of Pistons fans probably prefer an uber athletic guy like one of the Thompson twins but Miller's game seems a lot more advanced than them and he's a deadly 3 point shooter which is vital to have in todays' NBA. He's my #3 right now, fluid situation and all.

The biggest issue will be (IMO):

How is his defense?

7 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

The biggest issue will be (IMO):

How is his defense?

A work in progress but I expect that offense to translate big time. Apparently the Thompson twins are good/athletic defenders but they play a bunch of nobodies so it's all projection with those two and neither shoot that well against...again... nobodies. Whitmore looks like a bouncier Saddiq Bey to me, not overly impressed with him.

Miller has the highest floor of all these 2nd tier guys, at the very least you get a 6'9 guy who can shoot at an elite level. If he develops his handle more, he's a perennial All Star IMO even if the defense doesn't come around.

• 2 weeks later...