Week Sixteen: Detroit Lions (7-7) @ Carolina Panthers (5-9)

MichiganCardinal

Trying to think of a bigger bust than Russell Wilson in Denver.    Maybe it was mostly Pete Carroll.      

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, right? 

Just for fun I am going to name one major bust for each of our local pro teams......

Nate Colbert with the Tigers  - Padres knew when to cut ties.  At least the players we gave up never did much.  

Pat Swilling with the Lions - Might have been a case of the Lions not know how to use him.   Willie Roaf (the draft pick used by the Saints) wound up being great.  

Uwe Krupp with the Red Wings - Straight up stole from the Wings and he had the nerve to be in the team picture on the ice the night they won the cup in 2002.  He played a total of 30 games, 8 in 2022.  GET OUT OF THE PICTURE, YOU DID NOTHING !  GO PLAY WITH YOUR SLED DOGS!

Allen Iverson with the Pistons -  I know I am not alone but when the Pistons made this trade I knew this was going to be bad.  One of the most selfish players to ever play a pro sport and it's why he never got a ring.   

It's Christmas and that might be the only reason Nathaniel "Can't" Hackett didn't axed today.   It might happen tomorrow.  I know, only two games left, but this is rock-bottom.   They only hired him to woo Aaron Rodgers.   

25 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nate Colbert with the Tigers  - Padres knew when to cut ties.  At least the players we gave up never did much.  

Wild. I hadn't thought of Colbert in years, then just the other day I posted his name on a Twitter thread about forgettable Tigers. 45 games for the terrible '75 Tigers.

11 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Wild. I hadn't thought of Colbert in years, then just the other day I posted his name on a Twitter thread about forgettable Tigers. 45 games for the terrible '75 Tigers.

Believe it or not, Nate Colbert still holds the Padres all time home run record. 

Would have figured that Adrian Gonzalez or Ken Caminiti or Dave Winfield would have e had that lol