Week Sixteen: Detroit Lions (7-7) @ Carolina Panthers (5-9)

MichiganCardinal

Just now, buddha said:

to repeat, it is very difficult to win on the road in the nfl.  expecting the lions to win that many games in the row on the road is a bit unrealistic.

But they are playing a 6-9 team with a QB who was left for dead 2 months ago.     Yes it's hare to do, but the way it's being done is inexcusable.  

2 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

wrong, your percentage drops because there will be fewer opportunities to make up that game.  

I still like the Lions odds against the Bears and Packers. Honestly I might like their odds more if they lose today.

Washington will lose at least one to the Browns and Cowboys. They’re not good. Seahawks might lose both games against the Jets and Rams. They’ve fallen off a cliff.

It’s not over with a loss.

2 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I still like the Lions odds against the Bears and Packers. Honestly I might like their odds more if they lose today.

Washington will lose at least one to the Browns and Cowboys. They’re not good. Seahawks might lose both games against the Jets and Rams. They’ve fallen off a cliff.

It’s not over with a loss.

I don’t understand why you like their odds more with a loss.  What am I missing?

The old Lions showed up for the game today. They are playing like a team that thought their press clippings were going to win this game for them and propel them to the playoffs. The same way the 1980 Lions thought that parodying a popular record when they were four-and-fucking-oh would be enough to take them to the Super Bowl.