Week Sixteen: Detroit Lions (7-7) @ Carolina Panthers (5-9)

MichiganCardinal

I’ve got a similar feeling about this game as I did the Jets game. Expectations are rising at perhaps an unfair rate. This is a very young team that was never expected to win 7/8 games in a given stretch this season. Yet, I feel like the “expectation” is that they win this game - even go 3-0 to finish - and people will be very upset if they lose. I will be disappointed if they lose, because I think it’s a game that they can win, but I’m also being realistic that this is an impressive stretch that may come with bumps in the road.

Road games are hard to win in late December. This is practically playoff football for both of these teams. I do think we match up fairly well against Carolina in that we should be able to shut down their run game. I worry that Carolina is going to be ready to go to the pass game quickly though, and that Darnold will torch them just by making the quick simple throws that Wilson missed.

Likewise, I worry we will struggle to move the ball in the air. If we can move it on the ground, we will be in business. But we scored 13 offensive points against the Jets, and 7 of those came on one 50+ yard play.

Not going to predict this one yet. But I’m not as confident as I was when we played Jacksonville or Minnesota at home.

seahawks last two games are at home against the jets and rams.  i dont think they'll lose either of those games.  maybe the jets if white can play qb.

washington's last two are the browns and cowboys.  they'll be favored against the browns and the cowboys might be playing their second string.

i still think the lions will have to win out in order to make it.

Checked the weather for the game tomorrow and despite it being in Charlotte it is playing like NFC North weather with kick off having a real feel temp of 15 degrees and the whole game having actual temps of below freezing. The narrative has always been that Goff struggles in cold weather so hopefully that won't happen tomorrow 

Charlotte is not used to this type of cold either. looks like the wind advisory expires around game time but with the real feel in the upper teens its going to be brutal for both teams. 

We're spending the weekend on Hilton Head, got in last night. Just too cold to even walk the beach today. Hopefully tomorrow.