January Game Threads

lordstanley

8 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Bert should have at least two goals but he keeps whiffing on everything

I don't know why he shot backwards between his legs on that last shot when he should have gone top post over the goalies left shoulder... but ya' gotta assume that's he's quite a bit hockey-rusty...

Edited by 1984Echoes

Just now, slothfacekilla said:

As I tell my wife every game, I would have just simply scored it I don't know why he didn't just do that!

Hah!!!

Absolutely!

(I was always a crappy skater so it took a long time before I fell in love with my Dad's favorite game... but Yzerman/ Probert and company got me there...).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Hah!!!

Absolutely!

(I was always a crappy skater so it took a long time before I fell in love with my Dad's favorite game... but Yzerman/ Probert and company got me there...).

I was always a terrible skater (grew up a goalie) so I feel like my wife can appreciate how little I mean it when I say it haha

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

What a hilarious empty net goal for the Wings, hopefully that ends it

Don't play billiards with that man!

I though Berituzzi's play was promising. He was still a day late and a dollar short on his chances but he was playing with a lot of energy - looked more like his old self than before he got hurt.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Maata and Walman give the Wings a glimmer of hope. 4-2 but still 11 minutes to go. 

Chiarot looks like he put the team in a hole, almost single-handedly...

I wish Lalonde would protect him more and have him just play special teams and 3rd pair, limiting his minutes... but that's just me...

3 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Chiarot looks like he put the team in a hole, almost single-handedly...

I wish Lalonde would protect him more and have him just play special teams and 3rd pair, limiting his minutes... but that's just me...

The don't score enough goals and Chariot has some offensive play in his game so Lalonde is willing to live with the rest I guess.

4 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

And does Husso need to play less games so he doesn't get burnt out...?

Or is the D (and backchecking on the forwards...) just failing him...?

Yes. They need to figure out what they are doing with Ned and Hellberg and get to where they have a working goalie rotation. Right now they don't have any confidence in either of them and are close enough to the playoff spot taat they don't want to risk any games to a 'goaltending loss', but you can't drive Husso into the ground either - so something has to give.