January Game Threads

lordstanley

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Rasmussen - almost the goat for late high stick, pairs with Seider to create a cookie for Fabbri. 

Too bad they don't play that way more during regulation!

I think it was also Rasmussen who had the shot blocked leading to the weird 2 on 0 right before the Wings winner. Dach and the other came in on Husso practically in single file with Dach looking behind him for the other guy 

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

I feel like I never see Bertuzzi really doing much of anything anymore.

He was never what you would call graceful but his skating looks especially labored right now. If he could stay on the ice maybe his legs would come back, or maybe he's just getting old young.

Edited by gehringer_2

13 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

He was never what you would call graceful but his skating looks especially labored right now. If he could stay on the ice maybe his legs would come back, or maybe he's just getting old young.

Ya you nailed it, he looks reallllllly stiff and always seems a few steps too late to where he needs to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slothfacekilla said:

He annoys the hell out of me

Get Bertuzzi off the top line and off the power play, he can't make any plays

yeah - you understand what Lalonde is trying to do to get Bertuzzi going, but you have to let him work back where he's not killing the top line. But this was a little bit of a 'take it' game for the Islanders all the way around with Husso sitting and Lalonde also letting Erne and Lindstrom get a game in before the break.