January Game Threads

lordstanley

42 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

This early start really caught me off guard, already down 1-0 to the Avs

Had just went to NHL.com to check whether the Wings next game against the Avs was today or tomorrow. Just found out it it is today. A matinee. In 2nd period already. And now down 3-0. Ugh. 

posters ask what the wings need?

talent.  they need talent.

they signed a lot of professional veterans and they've improved the team, but they arent going anywhere unless seider/raymond/kasper/edvinnson or some other young draftees turn out to be great players.

the best teams in the league make the wings look slow in a way the wings almost never do to any team.  

as ive lamented many times, the talent deficit in the organization was so great when kenny left, it will take a decade to dig out from under it.

Edited by buddha
  • Like 1

I don't have cable, let alone whatever nonsense package or stream is required to watch games nowadays.

Getting a chance to listen to this one tonight. Funny to hear this Phoenix Arizona crowd (if the 5,000 can even be called that) get much louder for Wings goals than their own.

Also getting to listen to the Wings choke this one from a 1-1 tie to a 3-1 lead to a 3-3 tie against a terrible team in the span of like ten minutes.

14 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't have cable, let alone whatever nonsense package or stream is required to watch games nowadays.

Getting a chance to listen to this one tonight. Funny to hear this Phoenix Arizona crowd (if the 5,000 can even be called that) get much louder for Wings goals than their own.

Also getting to listen to the Wings choke this one from a 1-1 tie to a 3-1 lead to a 3-3 tie against a terrible team in the span of like ten minutes.

I think the 2nd goal was a bit of a softie on Hellberg, and then a huge rebound with a wide open net on the 2nd one.

• Like 1

That's an unacceptable single point. No way Wings shouldn't have won being up 3-1 the way they were dominating. OT was pathetic, I think the Wings didn't touch the puck once the first 3 1/2 minutes of OT - Walman may have got his stick on the puck for 2 or 3 seconds. Rasmussen did have a great effort in final 15 seconds, if he had converted that steal to a goal it would have been a goal of the year candidate.

pronman has his u-23 rankings out.  wings well represented but only seider in the borderline elite category.

i like pronman because he's a prolific writer and always puts out content, but there is no way to differentiate between a lot of these guys and no way he's scouted them all thoroughly.  i take his rankings and ratings with a big grain of salt   and the way he ranks them "poor, nhl average, nhl above averge" seems so random.  he has about 100 players with almost the exact same ratings. 

22 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Guess I need to figure out a way to read these rankings now 😂

Moritz Seider (ranked 8

Lucas Raymond (ranked 18)

Simon Edvinsson (ranked 35)

Marco Kasper (ranked 65)

Carter Mazur (ranked 69...nice)

Elmer Soderblom (ranked 75)

Jonatan Berggren (ranked 91)

William Wallinder (ranked 98)

Joe Veleno (ranked 112)

Edited by buddha