January Game Threads

lordstanley

14 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

4-1 loss in Toronto tonight. 
Red Wings living down to Buddha’s expectations.  Barely above a point per game pace and now an an NHL bottom 10 team. Need to go on an unlikely hot streak soon or this season is toast. 

hey now!  what were youre expectations?

theyre the seventh best team in the division, imo.  maybe 6th.

20 hours ago, buddha said:

hey now!  what were youre expectations?

theyre the seventh best team in the division, imo.  maybe 6th.

90 points. Or 45 points in 41 games. Were on pace until this dismal week. Now at 39 points in 38 games. Nine points behind the second-year Seattle Kraken. 

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

90 points. Or 45 points in 41 games. Were on pace until this dismal week. Now at 39 points in 38 games. Nine points behind the second-year Seattle Kraken. 

injuries will do that to ya.  

(and the schedule toughening up)

How do we get out of neutral at this point? With the Vrana situation turning into a disaster and it looking more likely that we'll get nothing out of him this season, who are the guys we expect to help get us in gear at this point? Are we even capable of being better than a .500 team with this roster? I think I got ahead of myself, setting expectations too high, thinking we'd for sure be in the playoff hunt all year.

2 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

How do we get out of neutral at this point? With the Vrana situation turning into a disaster and it looking more likely that we'll get nothing out of him this season, who are the guys we expect to help get us in gear at this point? Are we even capable of being better than a .500 team with this roster? I think I got ahead of myself, setting expectations too high, thinking we'd for sure be in the playoff hunt all year.

we need an influx of better players at all positions.

seider, raymond, and kasper have to hit.  larkin has to be re-signed.  whatever they get for bertuzzi has to be turned into a valuable player.

that's the thing about signing larkin long term, he'll be past his prime when the next great wings team is made.  this team is STILL digging out of 5 years of draft hell from kenny.

59 minutes ago, buddha said:

hate hate hate these third jerseys.

love love love jake walman being aggressive offensively.

I hate the concept of 3rd jerseys, period. Except for maybe 1 or 2 times per year, max. If I am paying $150 to go to my one or two games per year, take some pre-game photos and such, I want the Wings in their proper classic jerseys. 

• Like 1

Looks like they F'ed up by pairing Chiarot with Hronek as Chiarot is still sucking wind this season and is now dragging Hronek down with him... who was doing so damn well paired up with Maata.

Quit trying to force Chiarot onto a pairing just because Stevie spent some bucks on him. Drop him to the 3rd line. Get Maata back paired up with Hronek.

Please.