January Game Threads

lordstanley

8 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Bit of a turtle race the past 10 days for the 2nd wildcard spot. 

132D0ADB-FFE2-4B08-947B-67F787D15EFF.jpeg

Sell, sell, sell.

Sell off unnecessary parts at the deadline.

But knowing Stevie... he may be of the mind to both buy and sell at the same time. I look at trading Criscuolo as a buy trade. He got a young 24 y.o. big winger who has "some potential upside"? Not sure how much, if any...

But if he's looking to both buy and sell...

Who does he want to buy?

15 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

Sell, sell, sell.

But knowing Stevie... he may be of the mind to both buy and sell at the same time. I look at trading Criscuolo as a buy trade. He got a young 24 y.o. big winger who has "some potential upside"? Not sure how much, if any...

Who does he want to buy?

that was a nothing trade meant to lower their age in GR and get rid of a "veteran."  they didnt acquire anyone with upside.

4 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Sell, sell, sell.

Who does he want to buy?

I expect it to be a quiet deadline for the Red Wings. They don't have logical assets to sell like they had in past years, but on the buy-side the deadline isn't the best time to do that for future years, compared to the summer.

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

IIt is really looking like the Wings would have been best served unloading Bert a season or two ago.  I don't think he's looked good at all this season and he is a walking injury all of a sudden.

they'll be lucky to get a second rounder for him at this rate.

Wings have 4 games in next 7 days before the All-Star Break. Tonight at home vs Philly, then hosting San Jose in Tuesday, followed by a road back to back at Montreal and at NYI. For the rest of the regular season to have meaning as far as a playoffs push, i think they need at least 6 points, ideally 7.

Sure like Raymond was about to tie it with 5 seconds to go. The goalie's pad was half in the net behind the line, so if Raymond had shot it a few inches to the left the pad "save" would have counted as a goal.

But should have never had come to that. The Wings seem to be way too inconsistent to make a legit run at a playoff spot.