2023 NBA Trade Deadline

Deleterious

4 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Not sure how I feel about trading Bey..be nice to get that 1st back...but Reddish?  Then again..how does Bey fit into the future?  If the plan is to keep Bojan, he's going to have to  com of the bench.  He may not be OK with that

Unless Bey really wants out or somebody offers us a lottery pick, I hope we keep him.  He'll be 26 when Bojan's contract is up.  There is no guarantee he won't be better than Bojan sometime between now and then.  He is strong enough to play the four in a limited role if we want to go small ball.  He shoots well enough to play the two if we get desperate there because of injuries.  And the Pistons really don't need to be in the business of trading their quality young players for picks when they are still improving.  

Bey shoots 40% from the field which is awful. He shoots 35% from three which is average. He plays horrific defense.

You don't shove him out the door but you also don't want to pay him. His value drops next year since it's the last year of his deal. Take any reasonable offer you get and move on.

• Like 2

The only reason I'd trade Bey for a 1st (outside of the lottery) is so the Pistons can use the 1st in a bigger trade to bring in an impact player. For instance if they can get back their 1st from the Knicks, that would open up a lot more trade possibilities because right now they're unable to trade any 1sts because of the conditions on the pick. I certainly wouldn't just give Bey away for lesser value. I'm not big on Bey but I don't think trading him for the sake of trading him is the answer.

18 hours ago, Shinzaki said:

Not sure how I feel about trading Bey..be nice to get that 1st back...but Reddish?  Then again..how does Bey fit into the future?  If the plan is to keep Bojan, he's going to have to  com of the bench.  He may not be OK with that

Switch to Obi Toppin and the Pistons say yes.

And the Knicks say no.

Quandary.

2 hours ago, 1984Echoes said:

Switch to Obi Toppin and the Pistons say yes.

And the Knicks say no.

Quandary.

The Pistons could probably get Toppin for a Chick-fil-A gift card.

Toppin is a 25 year old 3rd year player and is not good at all.  Mitchell Robinson is hurt, which should have resulted in more time for Toppin.  Here are his minutes since Robinson went down:

I get Toppin isn't exactly a C and Randall blocks some of his minutes at PF.  But if he had talent they would find a way to get him on the court.  Plus, he was losing PF minutes to Jericho Sims before Mitchell got hurt.

The Knicks would trade him in a heartbeat and it wouldn't cost much of anything at all.

More reports coming out that Bojan is untouchable. This is either next level chess, or they haven't received the offers they wanted and now the organization is covering their tracks to make it look good. No other explanation makes sense. You don't keep a 34 year old who's having the best offensive season of his life but can't defend his way out of paper bag when you're in the Piston's situation...unless you can't get enough solid assets in return.

Regardless, if true, then you've got to move Bey. You can't go into next season with the worst defensive wing rotation in the NBA and expect to "compete" for anything but a lotto spot.

They're locked into the development of their Guards and Center, so the 3-4 is the only place they have to make a significant upgrade and that means making space for that upgrade while collecting assets. If you come back with the same team (+Cade and a rookie) expecting to compete through development alone you're going to be sorely disappointed.

• Like 1