2023 NBA Trade Deadline

Deleterious

How many bigs does it take to score a basket? What is the point of trading one of our only shooters in Bey for another big who was a top of the draft bust? Also, how many teams have started rebuilding after us but are in a better position then where Weaver has us now? OKC, Cleveland, and now both maybe both Utah and San Antonio.

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

can someone explain this trade to me?

bey is nothing much.  decent role player.  but wiseman?  WISEMAN?  he's bad.  he's lazy.  he's hurt all the time.  he plays a position the pistons have a plethora of players in already, including one of their most promising young players AND ANOTHER project big man they just signed to a big deal last year.

speaking of which, bagley was also bad, lazy, and hurt all the time.  is there a pattern here?

someone please explain how weaver is a genius?  maybe JEIII can do it in his usual kiss weaver's ass column?

1 minute ago, buddha said:

bey is nothing much.  decent role player.  but wiseman?  WISEMAN?  he's bad.  he's lazy.  he's hurt all the time.  he plays a position the pistons have a plethora of players in already, including one of their most promising young players AND ANOTHER project big man they just signed to a big deal last year.

speaking of which, bagley was also bad, lazy, and hurt all the time.  is there a pattern here?

someone please explain how weaver is a genius?  maybe JEIII can do it in his usual kiss weaver's ass column?

The Pistons have something like 10 top ten picks in the past 11 yrs, 7 of those yrs under Gores, and they still have a roster that can't win games. Coaches come and go, management comes and goes - they are showing a disturbing trend toward a WCF rut under Gores.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

That was Christian Wood, too.  How did he revive himself with the Pistons?

Weaver always has one head scratching trade a year. Well, this one fills the quota. Throw another big man bust into the large pile of big man busts in Okafor, Bagley and Noel because.... reasons?

Bey was clearly flawed but this is the best they could do for him? I'd take the 5 2nds that GS got over Wiseman, quite easily, and those 2nds (which I assume or mostly mid to late) are useless.

lets remember, the pistons traded bruce brown and luke kennard AND three second round picks to get to draft bey in the first place.

so now they've turned kennard, brown, bey, knox, and three second round picks into james wiseman.  a failed big man who is about to get PAID if they want to keep him.

the league has gone almost completely "position-less" and moved toward athletic wings who can shoot and we're trading all our assets (current and future) for big men who cant hit the broadside of a barn from 2 feet away.

who is running this damn team?  

and you just saved the warriors like $80 million and you didnt get anything else for it?  not even a useless second rounder in 2056?

what a dumb team.  ive rarely seen a team waste assets like this one.  the only way this makes any sense is if weaver just wants to REALLY make sure he gets a top 2 pick this year.

and if they get wembanyama, then what?  ANOTHER big man?  so we'll run killian hayes out there with cade (for the two weeks he's healthy) stewart, duren, and victor?  or heck, how about victor, stew, duren, bagley and wiseman?  joe dumars' wet dream of a lineup.  nobody else will get a rebound!  super bowl here we come!

3 minutes ago, buddha said:

and if they get wembanyama, then what?  ANOTHER big man?  so we'll run killian hayes out there with cade (for the two weeks he's healthy) stewart, duren, and victor?  or heck, how about victor, stew, duren, bagley and wiseman?  joe dumars' wet dream of a lineup.  nobody else will get a rebound!  super bowl here we come!

I am literally laughing so much my wife came to check on me. What a disaster. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just asking...

Because I would have no idea...

Was there some kind of issue between Bey/ Casey/ management?

Could that be the reason they just dumped him?

Or... one other reason I heard floating around: Did they make a decision on who they were interested in extending and what their budget was going to be? And already made a decision on Bey...? Or Bey's agent had given signals of an Ask that the Pistons had no interest in meeting?

Just trying to find any kind of logic here, aside from on-the-court value. It HAS to be something else... right?

Edited by 1984Echoes

On 2/7/2023 at 2:36 PM, 1984Echoes said:

I think Noel gets moved. I am 99% certain.

The question is: does 1 of Bey/ Burks/ Bojan get moved? I don't think it will be more than one. But will it even be one? I think yes... but only 50% certain on this...

So I'm going to switch this around...

I am...

99% Certain that 1 of Bey/ Bojan/ Burks will be traded and only 

50/50 that Noel will get traded...

I just wanted to get that right....