2023 NBA Trade Deadline

Deleterious

They might not play Kyrie again.  Why risk the injury.  Although, Mark Stein reported Brooklyn is more inclined to finish the season with Kyrie and let him enter free agency.  They feel there isn't a team he would sign with that will have the cap space so there would need to be a sign and trade.

EDIT: I think it is actually Marc

Edited by Deleterious

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Id love to take a chance on Wiseman. Feels like he has been around for awhile then I check and see he is only 21. Him, Duren and if we're lucky Wemby would be awesome! I guess you could say that about Wemby and anybody though. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Id love to take a chance on Wiseman. Feels like he has been around for awhile then I check and see he is only 21. Him, Duren and if we're lucky Wemby would be awesome! I guess you could say that about Wemby and anybody though. 

I guess I would take a shot if he was cheap.  But we already have one unskilled big in Duren and I am not sure a roster needs two of them in todays game.

Also, how can Detroit trade for him without taking sending anything out?  We are over the cap so that doesn't make sense.  We can do it this summer when we have cap space, so maybe he means that?  I don't know.  

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

I guess I would take a shot if he was cheap.  But we already have one unskilled big in Duren and I am not sure a roster needs two of them in todays game.

Also, how can Detroit trade for him without taking sending anything out?  We are over the cap so that doesn't make sense.  We can do it this summer when we have cap space, so maybe he means that?  I don't know.  

I thought Wiseman was supposed to have some projectable offensive skills or have people kinda given up on that thought?

2 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

I thought Wiseman was supposed to have some projectable offensive skills or have people kinda given up on that thought?

Was definitely the thinking coming out of college. But didn't he miss 90% of his college season due to his suspension? So we never really got to see him play against better competition.

He sure hasn't shown much in the NBA so far. Looks slow on defense. Low BBIQ.  I hate to use the D word but the entire situation reminds me of Darko. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-durant-trade-grades-suns-look-like-this-deadlines-big-winners-while-nets-work-seems-incomplete/

"We may not be the best trade package, but we're the best looking, and the Nets needed some help in that department," Dinwiddie said, seated next to a laughing Dorian Finney-Smith at their introductory press conference on Tuesday.

It'll be interesting to see what the Nets do on the court the rest of the season.  Imagine that, stories about the Nets on the court as opposed to off of the court?