02/25/2023 1:05pm EST Philadelphia Phillies vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

43 minutes ago, clark1mt said:

So far, you can definitely tell Dan is still getting used to it. He's frequently interrupting his own sentences to mention the next pitch, and sometimes not returning to them to finish the thought. And it sort of feels like he's trying to talk faster to fit his stuff in, though he's always been like that to a degree.

I listened to a few innings and a lot of time I had no idea who was batting or what the situation was. They were carrying on a conversation.  Only until the ball was in play did I get a sense of who was hitting.  In one at bat they drew a walk and I didn’t know who it was.  That could work on TV but not radio. 

Jim sounds old.  

4 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

yes - TD is correct - a bit of playful hysteria. (I was offline for a while......)

So in their first game under the new regime they did win the battle of the strike zone. Phillies 10K 2BB, Tigers 6K 2 BB

Mason Englert was the difference... 2 IP, 4 K's... Looking like he doesn't want to go back to the Rangers org lol

Will the gambling companies like it?  Fewer time in between pitches to place bets.   Faster games mean less concession sales. I’m not suggesting baseball should consider these factors… but I bet they will.  3:03 was the average time in 2022. Personally I think 2:45 is ideal.  I don’t know if I would like a 2:15 normal. With mon-thur night games starting at 6:40…. It would be daylight still in July. 

11 hours ago, oblong said:

Will the gambling companies like it?  Fewer time in between pitches to place bets.   Faster games mean less concession sales. I’m not suggesting baseball should consider these factors… but I bet they will.  3:03 was the average time in 2022. Personally I think 2:45 is ideal.  I don’t know if I would like a 2:15 normal. With mon-thur night games starting at 6:40…. It would be daylight still in July. 

the obsession with "what the gambling companies" think is weird.  i was told that this would never happen because of the "gambling companies" and now it has.  so....

25 minutes ago, buddha said:

the obsession with "what the gambling companies" think is weird.  i was told that this would never happen because of the "gambling companies" and now it has.  so....

Big  corporations heavily influence everything that is done in sports, so I would think that gambling companies that partner with baseball would have a lot infulence.   I would BET that they ran this by them before they made the decision. 

Gambling in sports is no joke and I don't think anything good will come out of it.  They have most likely already contributed to serious addiction problems.