Gun Legislation, Crime, and Events

Tigerbomb13

4 hours ago, oblong said:

How about people with "mental health challenges", whatever that is, can't buy guns?

How  you determine that, who knows.  Maybe we should require a note from a doctor who has done specific types of tests and will certify to that under penalty of perjury.

Of course we know how well that will go over because guns are "god given rights dammit"

But even that's not enough...............The Sandy Hook shooter was a deeply disturbed person, one that everyone knew was deeply disturbed, but mom bought him assault weapons and took him shooting.  She paid with her life. 

Kip Kinkel, one of the first of this 25 year wave of shootings in Oregon had a ton of emotional problems.  He was seeing a therapist who told Kip's father to make sure no weapons were around him, so what does dad do?  He buys him a gun.  The same gun he was killed with.   He did it to stop his son from complaining about it.  

It's right there in front of people and they don't do anything.   I don't understand it.  It's so sick.  

I wouldn’t trade my life for anybody’s. I’ve had so many blessings in my life. I don’t want people to be sad for me when I go. Be sad for the kids who die young. You shouldn’t feel sad for a man who lived his dream. -- Buck O'Neil

Why are we allowing our kids to die young?

1 hour ago, pfife said:

since pfife decided to drag me into this discussion, i will say that i agree with steve kerr on gun control and wish there was much more of it in the united states.

and i also think steve kerr is a self righteous prick who coaches a basketball team i cant stand and picks his battles carefully to not upset his paymasters.  so i'll make my snarky posts about him, tyvm.

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

since pfife decided to drag me into this discussion, i will say that i agree with steve kerr on gun control and wish there was much more of it in the united states.

and i also think steve kerr is a self righteous prick who coaches a basketball team i cant stand and picks his battles carefully to not upset his paymasters.  so i'll make my snarky posts about him, tyvm.

Its awesome that in this whole situation you work up the fortitude only to post about.. Steve Kerr's press conference.   

I didn't decide to drag you into a conversation.   I chose to drag you.   Sorry your safe space wasn't very well hidden.  I probably wouldn't know who you were if you just posted it on 4chan 

Edited by pfife

12 minutes ago, pfife said:

Its awesome that in this whole situation you work up the fortitude only to post about.. Steve Kerr's press conference.   

I didn't decide to drag you into a conversation.   I chose to drag you.   Sorry your safe space wasn't very well hidden.  I probably wouldn't know who you were if you just posted it on 4chan 

lol.  yeah youre right, i never post anything in the political forum that might remotely be in disagreement with the board consensus.

i'm just surprised you knew where the sports forums were!  next thing you know you'll actually watch a game...and comment on it!  nyah, why do that when you can troll archie with something you saw on twitter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, buddha said:

lol.  yeah youre right, i never post anything in the political forum that might remotely be in disagreement with the board consensus.

i'm just surprised you knew where the sports forums were!  next thing you know you'll actually watch a game...and comment on it!  nyah, why do that when you can troll archie with something you saw on twitter?

why choose one or the other when I'm clearly, obviously, and objectively skilled enough to do both, and more, simultaneously?

1 minute ago, pfife said:

why choose one or the other when I'm clearly, obviously, and objectively skilled enough to do both, and more, simultaneously?

HEY GUYS!  LOOK WHAT BUDDHA SAID!  ha ha!  isnt he dumb!  hey guys, look what i found in another forum!