04/03/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Houston Astros

casimir

I just got home in time to see Lange. He was brilliant up to the 0-2 double. He got a boatload of swings and misses on stuff way outside the zone from some of the game’s best hitters. Just the two fly outs from Peña and Abreu they missed on, but also, no walks. Run notwithstanding, good outing.

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

javy could have stepped toward home to give him a target, but Tork has to make the throw to the inside.

The other part of the problem was that TORK! rushed the throw. He had a ton of time where he could have almost leisurely taken a step to the left and fired to Baez to the left of the bag. Instead he got excited and hurried the throw. Rookie mistake. He will replay that in his mind over and over and then develop a strategy for the next time that happens.

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

He's a shitty fielder on a team full of shitty fielders.    Again, Al Avila couldn't develop any actual OFs, so he trades for one who should probably be a DH.  

Of course, if Cisnero wasn’t awful, this game might be over already.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

I think it would have taken a plus defender in left to reliably catch that ball.

he got his glove on it. I'd say his mistake was he got up against the wall and left himself no room to jump/adjust. You have to stay off the wall far just enough to go up for the ball clean.

Edited by gehringer_2