04/03/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Houston Astros

casimir

In the land of small sample sizes, Vierling raised his OPS by 916 points, and tied for the team lead in runs, hits, home runs and RBIs.  He leads all 3 slash categories at .333/.333/.583.  So, I propose that we let him stay for another week before we ship him out to Toledo.

12 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Worth noting that Vierling, purportedly the LHP platoon guy, did it all against RHP tonight.

Excellent point.  When Cabrera takes the night off, some other possibilities open up, like playing Carpenter's bat but not his glove.  I'm not complaining, it's been blindingly obvious for 2 years that Cabrera was going to play out the contract, and if he doesn't hurt himself he's going to get 400 PA's this year, so we might as well keep smiling because we can't change it.  But the games when he doesn't play will be more interesting.

55 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Always a bonus to wake up and find out that not only did we win but we won in large part due to guys who are part of our future like Greene and Vierling.  Now we just need Tork to get going. 

Awesome I was just going to say the same thing!!

8 hours ago, Jim Cowan said:

In the land of small sample sizes, Vierling raised his OPS by 916 points, and tied for the team lead in runs, hits, home runs and RBIs.  He leads all 3 slash categories at .333/.333/.583.  So, I propose that we let him stay for another week before we ship him out to Toledo.

He made an amazing catch to save a few runs as well.   Great all around game.