2023 NBA Playoffs

5 hours ago, buddha said:

i dont consider cade and ivey to be an example of him using capital.  duren was an example of using capital to acquire something.  cade and ivey were draft picks, we did not have to trade assets to acquire those picks like we did with duren, bey, and stewart.

he went out and specifically traded assets for bey, stewart, wiseman, bagley.  he spent money on bogey and then didnt trade him.  he spent money on jerami grant and got a much smaller return than anyone figured and then turned that small return into duren, who looks positive.

I'm not going to getting into the typical internet argument were we get into a semantics discussion about the words "draft capital". We simply can't sit here and talk up how well OKC did with their drafts in the same breath that we dog out Weaver's work so far and then ignore the potential of Cade, Ivey, and Duren. Those were Piston draft picks and so they are by definition "draft capital" that could have been traded, picked differently, or whatever else Weaver wanted to do with them.

As for the names you mentioned in your second paragraph, most of what you've listed I'd count as good moves or ones we can't quite answer yet.

Weaver isn't perfect and I've called him out on numerous things, but you're arguing around the one area where I think Weaver has done a good job, especially when you consider what he had to work with. Again, when Cade is SGA's age and tenure, let's see if they can hit the high bar of that 9th seed that everyone is slobbering over OKC for. I recall a lot of people slobbering over Atlanta a couple of years ago as well.

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Hell of a defensive possession from Westbrook.

His tenacity is always impressive...

...then again, he took 19 shots and only made 3. A league average player is getting you 12-15 more points on that number of shots and maybe you don't need those 2 offensive rebounds and that phenomenal defensive play in the 4th quarter because you're up by 10.

1 hour ago, Betrayer said:

His tenacity is always impressive...

...then again, he took 19 shots and only made 3. A league average player is getting you 12-15 more points on that number of shots and maybe you don't need those 2 offensive rebounds and that phenomenal defensive play in the 4th quarter because you're up by 10.

exactly.

Btw with Sac winning does that make the Pistons have the longest drought without winning a playoff game?

I remember exactly where I was at when they won their last one, never in a million years if you wouldve told me then that come 15 years later they still wouldn't have won another one I never would've believed you. 

3 hours ago, buddha said:

draymond cant help but be an ass hole.

Is a stomp not as bad as a punch? He clearly freed his foot from Sabonis' grasp and then decided to stomp down with intent in order to make a point. A 230 pound guy stomping on your chest can easily break a rib and is far more dangerous than a punch. He even said after the game that this is the second time someone grabbed his ankle and he was tired of it - clear intent. He was trying to send a message. The NBA should send one back with a suspension.