04/13/2023 7:07pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays

casimir

I’d rather talk about the Blue Jay instead this coming L.  

While it is a strikingly beautiful bird, most people don’t realize they are actually one of the nastiest, unfriendly species in the bird family.  They don’t play well with others and are aggressive to the point of attacking other birds even going so far as to bite their heads off.    Despite their regal appearance, Blue Jays really are the giant assholes of the bird family.   This meaningless bit of information will probably be more memorable than anything you see during tonight’s game.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

While it is a strikingly beautiful bird, most people don’t realize they are actually one of the nastiest, unfriendly species in the bird family.  They don’t play well with others and are aggressive to the point of attacking other birds even going so far as to bite their heads off.    Despite their regal appearance, Blue Jays really are the giant assholes of the bird family.   This meaningless bit of information will probably be more memorable than anything you see during tonight’s game.  

Yes, we've got them around our house.  They are quite beautiful birds.  But they definitely do not play well with others as you mentioned.

Philadelphia tried out the Blue Jays for a short bit.

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Hold my beer.

VBW-GooseWithBeer-01-1024x697.png

2 hours ago, Hongbit said:

No lie, when I was like 5 years old we had a couple Jays in my back yard and my Grandpa warned me about them as he was attacked as a kid. That stuck with me my whole life and was always trepid around them. Of course I rarely see them anymore but they were everywhere in my childhood home. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

3 hours ago, Hongbit said:

Go near their nest and see what happens. They'll attack a full grown human. We had a nest in my neighbors tree right next to our driveway. They would swoop down on us just getting out of our car. Must be very brave.

Just now, Hongbit said:

What a perfect Baez inning.    HR prances out of the box on a ball that stays in the park and then forgets how many outs and ends a scoring chance.  I’m glad MCS isn’t watching 

Quickly becoming my most despised Detroit pro sports player...I cant ****ing stand him.

13 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Go near their nest and see what happens. They'll attack a full grown human. We had a nest in my neighbors tree right next to our driveway. They would swoop down on us just getting out of our car. Must be very brave.

the are also excellent mimics. We had a family in the yard last summer and the male would land near the feeder and make red-tail hawk sounds and all the other birds would scatter.

• Like 1