04/13/2023 7:07pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays

casimir

2 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Good for Hinch...**** Harvy, he can sit and spin and let the door hit him on the ass on his way out.

Absolutely... it's one thing when the talent level isn't good, its another when players just aren't focusing. Gotta out the foot down

• Thanks 1

I like aways liked Baez and was ok with his signing. I still like him. Disappointed with tonights gaffe. Don't agree with taking him out. Public humiliation rarely works and often does not end well. Don't need to brew a soap opera. Better to take it behind closed doors. He's not the first player to forget how many outs there are. We need him producing and motivated and have a made a major investment in him. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, SoCalTiger said:

I like aways liked Baez and was ok with his signing. I still like him. Disappointed with tonights gaffe. Don't agree with taking him out. Public humiliation rarely works and often does not end well. Don't need to brew a soap opera. Better to take it behind closed doors. He's not the first player to forget how many outs there are. We need him producing and motivated and have a made a major investment in him. 

He did take him up the tunnel to talk to him, didn't do it right in the dugout for all to see. Perhaps Javy said or did something during their chat that led to the benching and not just the baserunning gaffe. 

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Seriously, did he trip on a cloud and fall 8 miles high?   Please, Please, Please tell me what he did.  I HAVE to know., 

Lol, ohh, you want the non-snark version.  Well, first he hit a deep shot and assumed it was a homerun and watched the ball and just trotted out of the batters box, but it was a double, and he got there...then the next hitter hit a routine, zero doubt, fly ball out to center, and Harvy just ran to third like it was gonna be a hit got put out.  Then after a bit, they showed him and AJ leaving the dugout, and AJ basically coming back out by himself.

It has been 40 years ago, at least. But does anyone remember the details when Sparky pulled Gibson mid inning because he made a mental mistake in the outfield? Seems to me that finally woke Gibby up and he stopped being a total ass (at least on the field) after that.

Hopefully  Javey gets the message. 

• Like 1