04/13/2023 7:07pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Toronto Blue Jays

casimir

1 hour ago, Dtrain72 said:

Now THATS how you bullpen AJ!  Hinch has restored my faith in him tonight...did ALL the right things and wasnt milqtoast.

And the team is better without Baez.

tonight is why he didn't use Lange for two last night. Does it really matter which game you win? Hinch would say doing it his way he had a chance to win both. If the pen would stop imploding they will justify his strategy. We'll see.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hongbit said:

I’d rather talk about the Blue Jay instead this coming L.  

While it is a strikingly beautiful bird, most people don’t realize they are actually one of the nastiest, unfriendly species in the bird family.  They don’t play well with others and are aggressive to the point of attacking other birds even going so far as to bite their heads off.    Despite their regal appearance, Blue Jays really are the giant assholes of the bird family.   This meaningless bit of information will probably be more memorable than anything you see during tonight’s game.  

I've seen sparrows gang up on a lone bluejay bully. They drove him off.

8 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

The Tigers BP is the reason they invented the FF botton on the DRV. 😅😅

I'm usually 45 minutes behind, so I don't read the posts until after the game.

I record the game and then watch when I can.  Last night I didn't start watching until a bit after 8.

4 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

This game was an interesting example of how bad umpiring can be without causing much ruckus. The strike calling at the plate was atrocious but he was favoring each side about equally. If you got screwed on a call you could wait for the make-up -- which wouldn't take long.....

The strike zone was all over the place thias whole series, for both teams...it's almost like the threat of robot umps has made the human umps actually worse 🤔

Edited by Dtrain72

So yesterday afternoon I saw a tweet referring to a Tigers play... "Oh, they're on?  Makes sense, getaway day".  I put on Bally's.  I'm working so just 1/3 watching, no sound.  

"Man, this game is moving fast, 7th inning already?.  Aw man, they've got the bases loaded in the 9th.... no way they are winning.  Losing 2 extra inning games on the road.... isn't terrible I guess"

Yeah I thought the replay was the real game.  So them winning is extra meaningful for me.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

Maybin has a great background for doing color because he was a very skilled player who could do everything on the field  - he just basically could never stay healthy enough to have more than a journeyman's career - so he has that perspective too. Good blend.

I think "Cam" is great, basically as good as Alex Avila is. I would be very happy to see him be the permanent analyst on radio. I would also be happy to see him become TV analyst once a new PxP guy, one who actually knows baseball, is hired.

12 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

I’d rather have Short at SS, especially if it meant getting out from under the Baez contract.

Tigers can get out from under Baez the player any time they want, but they can never get out from under Baez the contract.