04/24/2023 7:40pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Milwaukee Brewers

casimir

Just now, gehringer_2 said:

Don't throw a hittable pitch on 0-2. How old is that advice? it's definitely a minority of pitchers who have stuff good enough to throw 0-2 in the zone. I wouldn't put Boyd in that group.

Sadly it was after a beautiful curve for strike 2. Strike three to the next batter was a nice change up.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Dan defending the human K zone. Says the computer couldn't get pitches with horizonatl break right. He's wrong, but I love him anyway.

The automated zone is 3d right and not just the front of the plate? If so I don't see how it wouldn't be able to get horizontal or vertical breaking pitches right. 

7 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The automated zone is 3d right and not just the front of the plate? If so I don't see how it wouldn't be able to get horizontal or vertical breaking pitches right. 

It's an optical illusion. from behind the pitcher you see the ball move more than foot sideways, but the amount translated while the ball is actually over the plate is  less than a ball's width. The computer - no matter how you set it up, will still get that more accurately than a human ever does.

Edited by gehringer_2

Just now, Tigermojo said:

Should be based loaded nobody out with one run scored.

Thankfully Maton! Crushed it

Honestly not even sure why they had Haase moving when he got on as well... shouldn't be running into outs against a pitcher who cannot throw strikes