05/02/2023 1:40 pm EDT New York Mets vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Oh my goodness, that was a professional-quality save right there. This is exactly what I’d hoped to see when I started stumping last year for him to become our closer over Soto.

I have never done the Adopt-a-Tiger thing, but I might just have to adopt Alex Lange now.

2 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Oh my goodness, that was a professional-quality save right there. This is exactly what I’d hoped to see when I started stumping last year for him to become our closer over Soto.

I have never done the Adopt-a-Tiger thing, but I might just have to adopt Alex Lange now.

Its the Rick Vaughn sleevless turtleneck mojo.

1 minute ago, chasfh said:

He was excellent... and in general, the bullpen, made up of different parts, is starting to look like last year again, which is a huge help.

41 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Yes. Bad design led to the bad developmental processes that led to their once-great and promising hitting going down the toilet. We are only one regular season month beyond it now, and in no universe was all of it going to be totally fixed by now. We can blame the players for it all if we like—that’s a fan’s prerogative. Me, I’m going to give them until next year to start showing us the consistency we have been counting on them to provide us. If they’re still like this by the end of next season, I’ll jump on your bandwagon.

I've watched the visitors broadcast the last couple of series, and the color guys in both series (Ben McDonald and Keith Hernandez, both of whom have been around the block a bit) have all commented on how few professional ABs both Greene and Tork have actually had and how they are being slotted high in the lineup. And how difficult that a situation that is.

I don't know whether they will make it or not, I'll be the first to say it, but there continues to be a disconnect between Tigers fans (who are emotionally invested) and the observations of outsiders as it pertains to both this team and just Tork/Greene more generally... and I get the reasons, watching seven years of this crap sucks and seeing prospects struggle sucks. But collectively that emotional attachment really hinders people's ability to contextualize these struggles.

Edited by mtutiger
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Dave Christian said:

I was beside myself with excitement when the Tigers drafted Torkelson.

After watching his last strikeout I'm ready to move on.

I know it's early to call bust but he doesn't look like he has a clue when it comes to hitting a baseball.

Totally your prerogative as a fan. Just know that you will be welcomed back with open arms when he starts raking.

Bobby Seay, now there's a name from the past. BTW I used to get a kick out of Mario saying "Seay Lyon warming up in the bullpen." anytime Bobby Seay and Brandon Lyon were warming up together. Mario really thought he was being creative and witty with that one, bless his heart!

26 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Bobby Seay, now there's a name from the past. BTW I used to get a kick out of Mario saying "Seay Lyon warming up in the bullpen." anytime Bobby Seay and Brandon Lyon were warming up together. Mario really thought he was being creative and witty with that one, bless his heart!

Bring back Mario…and get rid of Bally