05/05/2023 8:15pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs St. Louis Cardinals

casimir

And seriously...if I'm Harris and I see the combo or solo of Miggy/Schoop in the lineup, while seeing the team wins without those ass anchors, wellll, I'ma let AJ to **** off with them in the lineup.  I get this team aint competing for a penant, but forfuksakes, putting guys in "because hurdur reeeespekt" aint it bruh...if you cant function at an MLB level, then you shouldnt be playin in the MLB.

4 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He's better than Ibanez.   But those 22 year olds need their rest. 

I don’t know, maybe there’s something going on with him. He has played all 30 games so far and every inning of 29 of them. But he’s also been hot with an 8-game hitting streak during which he’s slashing .333/.371/.424. So who knows.

Serious question:  for everybody here who has watched alot of baseball for alot of years, does it seam like the strike zone just get's worse and worse every season recently?  Maybe it's the little tv strike zone box graphic, but my gawd, these umps are BAAAD.  Really seams like these guys are asking for robot umpires at thus point.  I really dont recal the strike zone being so consistently bad....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Are we sure Schoop isn't 45 years old? The last of the birth certificate scandal?

I cant do schoop anymore...it's literally obvious he doesnt even want to play baseball anymore.  I dont say that lightly, but just watching him, thats a guy who doesnt want to do this anymore.

8 minutes ago, Dtrain72 said:

Serious question:  for everybody here who has watched alot of baseball for alot of years, does it seam like the strike zone just get's worse and worse every season recently?  Maybe it's the little tv strike zone box graphic, but my gawd, these umps are BAAAD.  Really seams like these guys are asking for robot umpires at thus point.  I really dont recal the strike zone being so consistently bad....

there were a bunch of really stupid scores in the open week or so of the season and I'm willing to wager the league 'suggested' to the umps that they should put an end to that and thus we've definitely had an oversized zone - but it seems it's been every crew and every park so that's why I don't think it's any kind of accident. You always have the outlier ump worse than the rest, but right now I think that is superimposed over an already enlarged zone. The league sees the video and statcast data every day just like everyone else. The zone can only be consistently biased in any direction if the league is validating what the umps are doing on an ongoing basis.

also keep in mind that the Fox/Bally graphic may or may not be that accurate. I haven't spent anytime comparing it to gamday recently - which is probably more accurate.

Edited by gehringer_2

4 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Are we sure Schoop isn't 45 years old? The last of the birth certificate scandal?

Lol that reminds me of a story Sean Casey tells.  Playing for the Red Sox, he was thrown out twice within a week, trying to stretch a single into a double.  After the second one he was furious so when he got to the dugout Terry Francona put his hand on his shoulder and walked him back towards the clubhouse. When they were safely out of earshot of the rest of the players Francona turned to him and said "are you sure you don't have polio?"

• Haha 1