05/14/2023 1:40 pm EDT Seattle Mariners vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

49 minutes ago, KL2 said:

Look at how clean that Green Monster is. No ads or seats, just simple.

Look at how simple that baseball card is.  No caught stealings to go with the stolen bases.  Not even a nominal tip of the defensive cap to errors.

Darnell's second stint with the Tigers.   The definition of a cup of coffee. 

Our entire infield in 1986 had more than 20 home runs and that was very rare back then

Darrell Evans - 29

Lou Whitaker - 20

Alan Trammell - 21

Darnell Coles - 20. 

DC had such a promising season and he just couldn't repeat it.    Only flashes after that.    

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Darnell's second stint with the Tigers.   The definition of a cup of coffee. 

Our entire infield in 1986 had more than 20 home runs and that was very rare back then

Darrell Evans - 29

Lou Whitaker - 20

Alan Trammell - 21

Darnell Coles - 20. 

DC had such a promising season and he just couldn't repeat it.    Only flashes after that.    

And their catcher hit 22.  

Since I'm younger I only knew of Coles from his second stint, and even then the only thing that stood out to me as a kid was that he shared the same name as the department store that my Mom was in love with(Kohls), of course at the time I didn't realize that they were spelled different.

45 minutes ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

I just remember being that the game when Darnell Coles wished he would have been wearing a cup while playing 3B. :classic_wacko:

I remember that he was so frustrated after striking out to end an inning that when they were tossing the ball around the infield between innings he threw a ball over the roof.      Sparky had a word with him after that.  

46 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Nick Maton has no business hitting in that spot.   I know it's slim pickins, but Nick might need a few weeks in Toledo.   Not giving up on him, but can't have a .157/.246/.570  in the 5 slot.   

As bad as Maton has been at the plate the past couple of weeks, Vierling has been even worse. We don't have a whole lot of options beyond those guys, at least not quite yet, so grit your teeth and hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, chasfh said:

As bad as Maton has been at the plate the past couple of weeks, Vierling has been even worse. We don't have a whole lot of options beyond those guys, at least not quite yet, so grit your teeth and hope for the best.

If Maton is gonna DH, bring up Maloy for that instead...cant get much worse.