05/28/2023 1:40 pm EDT Chicago White Sox vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Just now, Tiger337 said:

Still can't hit lefties, but the Tigers like to platoon so they can carry a hitter like that more easily than they could in the past.  

True, and the league is, what, 65-70% right handed pitching?  So that’s the heavier side of the platoon.

6 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There will also be days when you don't get a lot of hits.  In fact, it's easier for players to consistently get walks than to get hits.  Average is OK, but above average is better.  Above average contact is also good.  

Of course, hits also distribute between 1 and 4 bases each, sadly not so much walks.

5 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

Still can't hit lefties, but the Tigers like to platoon so they can carry a hitter like that more easily than they could in the past.  

I'd like to find out if that's still true, he's only had 3 AB's against lefties this year.

• Like 1

That's the kind of AB I don't like to see from Torkelson. Takes a thigh high FB he could have ripped, takes a hanging breaking ball nearly middle middle that could have been pasted, then swings at a ball and gets himself out. Don't take strikes you can hit - you might not get another.

You can say that out was about swinging out of the zone, I'd say it was as much about not swinging in the zone.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Thanks 1