06/16/2023 8:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins

casimir

8 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I admit, I didn't expect this. Outstanding use of the BP by Hinch. Yeah, it's easier when the offense scores so many runs but still, good job.

At the same time, when the pitching allows only 1 leadoff home run to score and spreads out & strands 6 other hits, 1 walk, to go with 10 strikeouts, and the defense handles its chores well (of course Baez dive and flip from his knees for an out gets the eyeballs, but plays such as Holton completing the double play with great feetwork at 1B after crisp throws from Torkelson & Baez), the game needs to be taken.

• Like 1

I like Vierling, he isn't as good as he has hit the past week but for the course of the year he has a 107 OPS+ despite a slow start so if he can maintain something like that or hopefully a little better along with playing adequate defense he could be a piece for the future. I know he was one of the 10 players on Law's preseason list for guys he expected to breakout so he has some cache with atleast 1 outside personality.