06/19/2023 6:40 pm EDT Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'd actually like to see Miggy move up to 5th on days he is playing. He is starting to hit again but unfortunately many of it is with the bases empty, batting 5th would hopefully allow them to take advantage of his singles and doubles with runs. 

Makes sense.

I would be curious why the Tigers think Maton is a good fit in the 5th spot.  They aren’t stupid, but this has been a curious move.

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Makes sense.

I would be curious why the Tigers think Maton is a good fit in the 5th spot.  They aren’t stupid, but this has been a curious move.

Yeah I don't get it, earlier in the year when he was hitting for power despite the low average I understood it since A. nobody was hitting on the team and B. theoretically that power would be more useful with guys on base but since then the power has disappeared and some other guys have started hitting better.  

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Lange managed to throw a few FB for strikes. That's what he needed to do.

I really think a closer has to close. It messes with their heads when you use them any other way. You blow a save then get back out there and nail the next opportunity down.

Edited by Tigeraholic1