08/05/2023 1:10 pm EDT Tampa Bay Rays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Civale’s first start for the Rays. Thank you for the 1:10 start time. 

After the Tigers loss last night I listened to the ‘Days of Roar’ podcast with Gorosh and Petzold. If nothing else Gorosh is entertaining. 

Edited by 1776

58 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Civale’s first start for the Rays. Thank you for the 1:10 start time. 

After the Tigers loss last night I listened to the ‘Days of Roar’ podcast with Gorosh and Petzold. If nothing else Gorosh is entertaining. 

Nobody like hearing the sound of his voice more than him. I don’t know what his baseball credentials are (I’ve never heard of him), but he doesn’t appear to be very likable.

32 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Nobody like hearing the sound of his voice more than him. I don’t know what his baseball credentials are (I’ve never heard of him), but he doesn’t appear to be very likable.

He likes to come off as a tough guy tell it like it is type but at the end of day who hell is he? What’s his credentials?

I said this before, Petzold should separate himself from associating with this guy. Someone on this board labeled him a ‘blowhard.’ I think that is as an accurate and concise definition of him as you’ll get. Some of his information can be interesting but he’s his own worst enemy through his delivery and overall demeanor.

I enjoy Evan’s take on things.

5 hours ago, casimir said:

253527002008.gif  5986811968.gif

Tampa Bay Rays vs Detroit Tigers

Watch:  Tigers - Bally Sports Detroit, Rays - Bally Sports Sun, National - MLBN (out-of-market only)
Listen:  Tigers - 97.1 The Ticket, WXYT 1270, Rays - WDAE 620 AM/95.3 FM, WQBN/1300AM

6a00a1d69f8c026094f72da51bb8953e.jpg

So sounds like Kenesaw Mountain would have loved the Hawk.

On April 19, 1927, Tyson called his first Detroit Tigers game, inaugurating the first full season of radio broadcasts for a Major League Baseball team. He quickly became a popular figure with the team's fanbase. When the Tigers reached the World Series in 1934, baseball's then-commissioner, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, barred Tyson from appearing on any of the network radio coverage, citing the risk of partiality in his commentary. After Tiger fans sent more than 600,000 letters of protest, Landis compromised by allowing Tyson to announce the Series locally on WWJ. Tyson went on to call the 1935 Series (which involved the Tigers, and ended in their first-ever world championship) and the 1936 Series nationally for NBC, and broadcast the 1941 All-Star Game (played at Detroit's Briggs Stadium) for WWJ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Tyson