08/05/2023 1:10 pm EDT Tampa Bay Rays vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Speaking of Rosie...what a character;

"

In October 2006, Sports Illustrated selected Rozema as one of the "10 Greatest Characters in Detroit Tigers History". His selection was based on (1) the "karate kick" misfire, (2) a subsequent injury the same year in which Rozema fell on a flask in his back pocket and needed 11 stitches in his hip, (3) an incident in which he shoved a bar glass into the face of teammate Alan Trammell resulting in 47 stitches near Trammell's eye, (4) missing a team bus when he overslept after judging a wet T-shirt contest, and (5) using Brillo pads to wash his new car.[16]

On July 9, 2008, the minor league team in Rozema's home town, the West Michigan Whitecaps, gave away an unusual promotional item, "Dave Rozema Karate Kick Bobbleleg" figures."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Rozema

After getting his OPS to a season high .723 last week Tork is now back below .700 while being in the midst of a 2 for 24 with no extra base hits slump. I swear anytime he starts to look like he turns a corner he goes on these stretches where he just looks absolutely dreadful. I get players will have highs and lows throughout the season but boy are his lows extremely low.

33 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

After getting his OPS to a season high .723 last week Tork is now back below .700 while being in the midst of a 2 for 24 with no extra base hits slump. I swear anytime he starts to look like he turns a corner he goes on these stretches where he just looks absolutely dreadful. I get players will have highs and lows throughout the season but boy are his lows extremely low.

Hopefully Tork will peak again on 8/26.

I'm taking my 7 year old grandson to his first Tigers game.

I bought him a Torkelson jersey to wear with pride.

Hopefully Tork will really turn it on that day.

Heck, I'm starting to write like CMoe talks😂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Tigeraholic1 said:

So sounds like Kenesaw Mountain would have loved the Hawk.

On April 19, 1927, Tyson called his first Detroit Tigers game, inaugurating the first full season of radio broadcasts for a Major League Baseball team. He quickly became a popular figure with the team's fanbase. When the Tigers reached the World Series in 1934, baseball's then-commissioner, Kenesaw Mountain Landis, barred Tyson from appearing on any of the network radio coverage, citing the risk of partiality in his commentary. After Tiger fans sent more than 600,000 letters of protest, Landis compromised by allowing Tyson to announce the Series locally on WWJ. Tyson went on to call the 1935 Series (which involved the Tigers, and ended in their first-ever world championship) and the 1936 Series nationally for NBC, and broadcast the 1941 All-Star Game (played at Detroit's Briggs Stadium) for WWJ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty_Tyson

Thanks for adding.  In all honesty, I don’t know much about Tyson.  Shame on me.

5 hours ago, Toddwert said:

Worst broadcasting idea ever 

You know, there were times that Jones was trying to redirect the conversation to game strategy today.  Gibson has done this before, back to when he was broadcasting with Joshy.  Petry and Monroe have tried this before during the player broadcasts, too.  There just isn’t enough of it.  The conversation breaks down into something else like a squirrel just ran by a dog.  

5 hours ago, AZTigersfan said:

Two errors in one inning by Greene??? Wow we’re really in mail it in mode.

5 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Tigers OF making mental mistakes—1 by Carp and two from Riley already.

Rozema kind of dig into this a bit, too.  But it was short lived.  I wonder if the truck had his ear.  And they showed Skubal’s reaction, too.