#17 Michigan @ #100 Michigan State University

romad1

On 10/30/2021 at 5:00 PM, gehringer_2 said:

LOL - yes that is the one saving grace for M - If not LSU then somewhere else and probably soon.

I give Mel Tucker a lot of credit for what he's done at MSU, but he would be a smart man to jump ship ASAP, likely this offseason.

He built that program through the COVID induced transfer portal, which is not a knock at all, it is rather genius. It's also not a sustainable model for success. If he wants to still be the "#3" team in the country in 3-5 years, he's going to have to either out-recruit Michigan (hasn't been done since Rich Rod) and Ohio State (hasn't been done in decades), or pull a Dantonio in his prime and coach 3* athletes to outperform 4-5* athletes at Michigan and Ohio State (preferably without being a douche who leaves the program in shambles).

More money (which he obviously cares about) and a better recipe for success exists at LSU, Texas Tech, Washington State, and perhaps even Nebraska and TCU if they move on from their head coaches. I'm sure he would take the job at U$C too if offered, but that's just a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

Granted RZ issues more to do with ending than this play but.....

https://twitter.com/chengelis/status/1457759198981275650?s=20

Harbaugh says Big Ten did admit to “mistakes” made in officiating at MSU. Specific to Hutchinson overturn

Edited by SkyBlue

On 11/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, romad1 said:

https://mgoblog.com/sites/default/files/51648330906_aca008a78e_k.jpg

I can't believe they didn't called this...

Why?  There is holding, literally, on every single play from scrimmage...some get called some do not.  I am sick of looking at plays that do not get called.  It will never be perfect and yet I hear you "have to earn" those calls...just like the NBA.

If you are a huge fan I apologize, because I know the feeling.  I used to watch soo much football and just got sick of seeing calls go against the Lions that were passed over in other games.  I do not know if it is simply human bias or what, but it just sucked the love I have for the game right out of me.  That and replay...cheering a play on only to have it come back because of a foul or something.  Took all the spontaneity out of the game for me...I have been an apathetic football fan for about 4-5 years now and glad for it.