#17 Michigan @ #100 Michigan State University

romad1

The big mistake was bringing McCarthy in to start that drive after he fumbled the last time he had the ball. We just got a big stop, had a 3 point lead and really just needed a good steady drive.  Instead McCarthy fumbled the handoff and that was the beginning of the end. Also as usual we had to settle for too many FGs.

Plus side is we didn't run the ball for crap yet still should've won the game, I think most would've figured we'd get blown out if we couldn't run but Cade played well and Anthony really looked like he could be a legit #1 going forward. 

I remember them showing the sidelines at one point during the 3rd quarter.  Mel Tucker had fire in his eyes and was stomping around the sidelines like a Boss and his team was soaking up his energy.  Switch over to Harbaugh and he's just crouched over with his mouth hanging open like he couldn't figure out what was going on.  I knew then it was over, even though Michigan still had the lead at the time.  

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

The big mistake was bringing McCarthy in to start that drive after he fumbled the last time he had the ball. We just got a big stop, had a 3 point lead and really just needed a good steady drive.  Instead McCarthy fumbled the handoff and that was the beginning of the end. Also as usual we had to settle for too many FGs.

Plus side is we didn't run the ball for crap yet still should've won the game, I think most would've figured we'd get blown out if we couldn't run but Cade played well and Anthony really looked like he could be a legit #1 going forward. 

This felt like a shit day all the way.  I never felt like it was in the bag.  Ulcers. 

3 minutes ago, TP_Fan said:

Can they make fire Harbaugh finally.  What a spectacular collapse.  Up 30-14 and then get out scored 23-3.  Get him away from this program. All he does is choke. 

There are organizational issues that might make it hard. Manuel would have to go to Schlissel with a request for a big pot of $$$ and Schlissel is a lame duck, he's going to prefer to punt the decision to his successor. Maybe if Manuel can line up the money himself or maybe there are a enough football fans on the Regents that one or more of them could back hiring a new coach from the board. Otherwise he probably gets 2022.

I hate to be "that guy" but that overturned TD didn't do Michigan any favors either. The whole complexion of the game changes when you're up 3 possessions vs. 2 in the second half like what would've been the case if that call stood. Not excusing the collapse but when you're down 3 possessions teams often abandon the run game and force things, MSU didn't have to do that.