08/10/2023 1:10 pm EDT Minnesota Twins vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

1 minute ago, 1776 said:

I’ve got to believe the ABS moves to MLB next year.

Would this have to involve MLBPA or the umpires union? 
Anyone?

There was some talk about making the automatic strike zone like the replay reviews where a team can only call for limited pitches to be reviewed.  I'd much rather they just go to straight automatic strike zone on every pitch, but I'm sure MLB will **** this up somehow.  

3 minutes ago, Tiger337 said:

There was some talk about making the automatic strike zone like the replay reviews where a team can only call for limited pitches to be reviewed.  I'd much rather they just go to straight automatic strike zone on every pitch, but I'm sure MLB will **** this up somehow.  

After seeing several games this season with the Challenge system and the ABS system, I’m a proponent of either over the status quo. I could see year one being the Challenge system for the sake of the fans. Call it a visual demo of the ABS system for the casual fans and how it will work. I think a year of the Challenge system might help the transition to the ABS. 

We attended a game this year where the ABS was being used. Several fans didn’t have any idea that that umpire was simply communicating what the system was telling him. These guys were riding the ump about how he was missing the calls. It was a funny, all things considered. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 1776 said:

After seeing several games this season with the Challenge system and the ABS system, I’m a proponent of either over the status quo. I could see year one being the Challenge system for the sake of the fans. Call it a visual demo of the ABS system for the casual fans and how it will work. I think a year of the Challenge system might help the transition to the ABS. 

We attended a game this year where the ABS was being used. Several fans didn’t have any idea that that umpire was simply communicating what the system was telling him. These guys were riding the ump about how he was missing the calls. It was a funny, all things considered. 

You should see how pathetic the home plate umpire is in the LLWS game that I'm watching.

LL even needs ABS.