09/02/2023 7:10pm EDT Detroit Tigers vs Chicago White Sox

casimir

42 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

Faedo out of the rotation?

Read a piece in the Freep this week, I believe it was, that Faedo will trend toward being a middle innings guy. Hinch is talking about Faedo being a two or three innings type reliever. I think it makes sense at this point.

5 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Read a piece in the Freep this week, I believe it was, that Faedo will trend toward being a middle innings guy. Hinch is talking about Faedo being a two or three innings type reliever. I think it makes sense at this point.

So they are using Wentz as the fifth starter instead of Faedo?

I can see the logic. I'd guess they think Wentz has more potential ceiling than Faedo but he hasn't been able to find consistency so you can look at starting as a potential investment. Faedo is a nice insurance piece though. He's a Tyler Alexander type - you can keep him around as a long reliever and easily stretch him out if you lose a starter and know you at least have a guy that might steal you a game here or there.

14 hours ago, AZTigersfan said:

30 doubles for Tork! Remember when people called him a bust? Lol

I am satisfied with Torkelson's progress this year, but he still has a long way to go.  He still doesn't hit enough for a first baseman, especially one who is a sub-par defender.  He needs to get on base more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

I am satisfied with Torkelson's progress this year, but he still has a long way to go.  He still doesn't hit enough for a first baseman, especially one who is a sub-par defender.  He needs to get on base more.  

he's on track more for andrew vaughn than paul konerko.

but he's still young.  i'm good with his progress this season too but he has to get better.