09/27/2023 6:40 pm EDT Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

Looking at their schedule and results on their BR page.... I forgot they started 2-9. then they were 1-11 to start June.

That means.... they were..... 71-63 in the other games 😉

Of course every team can do that game so it doesn't mean anything concrete but I think the team is on the upslope.  The only reason I point that out is I felt like they could win every game.  They were not outmatched and had the players.  Not a good team but not a bad one either. It wouldn't take much of a change for htem to lose a game... or win one.

But this is the easy part of a rebuild and it's years in the making so it's almost a requirement to get here and to not be here would be blatant disregard of duty.

2 hours ago, oblong said:

Looking at their schedule and results on their BR page.... I forgot they started 2-9. then they were 1-11 to start June.

That means.... they were..... 71-63 in the other games 😉

Hinch doesn't manage well at the beginning of months...  I agree that kind of selective exclusion of games doesn't mean anything.  However, I think in comparing this team to 2021 when they had a similar season in terms of wins and losses, this year was more encouraging.  There was a lot of luck in 2021.  This year, I believe it was real progress.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tiger337 said:

Hinch doesn't manage well at the beginning of months...  I agree that kind of selective exclusion of games doesn't mean anything.  However, I think in comparing this team to 2021 when they had a similar season in terms of wins and losses, this year was more encouraging.  There was a lot of luck in 2021.  This year, I believe it was real progress.  

I think there was progress as well.  Continued successful pitching patchwork.  The emergence of 3 everyday position players and a primary catcher.

But there is still much work to be done. 

1 hour ago, casimir said:

I think there was progress as well.  Continued successful pitching patchwork.  The emergence of 3 everyday position players and a primary catcher.

But there is still much work to be done. 

I agree they progress alot this year... but i wonder how much of a ceiling is left to ring out of this roster without upgrades (aka free agents or trades)

5 minutes ago, MIguy said:

Cool that it hit the wall and bounced back into play so Miggy can keep what is most likely his last home run ball, but I really hope fixing that wall is part of the upgrades they mentioned a couple weeks ago.  

I don’t know what there is to fix.  If they make the wall shorter then you’d have to do massive structural changes to the seating area in RF.  Behind that wall is a concrete barrier and that’s the base of the steps and seating base.  

8 minutes ago, oblong said:

I don’t know what there is to fix.  If they make the wall shorter then you’d have to do massive structural changes to the seating area in RF.  Behind that wall is a concrete barrier and that’s the base of the steps and seating base.  

If they removed removed the cutout in right centerfield and just made it a straight shot, they could add 4 rows of seats and match everything up to the existing structure.