09/27/2023 6:40 pm EDT Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers

casimir

3 minutes ago, Tigermojo said:

I read they changed the rules in 2020. They game will resume where they left it, they will not start over. Miggy's HR will count.

I just read the updated rules and they don't say that at all.  If the game hasn't completed 5 innings, it gets wiped out and rescheduled from the beginning.  Only in the postseason would it be resumed from where it stopped.  

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/news-mlb-rain-delay-rules-2023-all-changes-year-weather-affected-baseball-games

Edited by MIguy

1 minute ago, MIguy said:

I just read the updated rules and they don't say that at all.  If the game hasn't completed 5 innings, it gets wiped out and rescheduled from the beginning.  Only in the postseason would it be resumed from where it stopped.  

https://www.sportskeeda.com/baseball/news-mlb-rain-delay-rules-2023-all-changes-year-weather-affected-baseball-games

That is what I understand. They've changed the rules on rain-outs vs  finishing incomplete games over the years, but they've gone back to the old school system again. Teams don't like the line-up and pitching problems that finishing an incomplete game the next day or even 2 months later represent.

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

If Miggy can manage to jack two more bombs, then he would have the most career home runs of anyone who has ever played for the Tigers. 

No. Miggy only has 372 home runs as a Tiger. Kaline had 399.

Edit; oh, I see what you mean. Who's #1, Greenberg?

Edited by Sports_Freak

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

He means the player with the most career home runs who ever wore a Tiger uniform. Matthews has 512 HR - he played out the string at the end of his career with the Tigers in 67/68. Only 9 of his HRs were hit as a Tiger.

Yeah, I gleaned that once I re-read it. Brain fart..😆

Edited by Sports_Freak