Random NHL comments/thoughts

lordstanley

Have to admit the sadistic side of my brain and my merciful side were duelling it out during the OT intermission.  Can’t say I’m sad about the outcome though, but man, how much crushing losses can one fan base take. 

Just now, lordstanley said:

Have to admit the sadistic side of my brain and my merciful side were duelling it out during the OT intermission.  Can’t say I’m sad about the outcome though, but man, how much crushing losses can one fan base take. 

i hope they take 1000 more losses like this.

10 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

They're my Yankees. I don't think I can feel bad for them.

Leafs, Yankees, and Cowboys. No empathy.

I felt a twinge of empathy going into OT but knew full well I would regret showing any compassion if the Leafs ended up scoring. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

image.png.9ccf9d7b5b91b521bc3c66e8bfaf17a4.png

At least a few more.

• Haha 1

Just now, lordstanley said:

I felt a twinge of empathy going into OT but knew full well I would regret showing any compassion if the Leafs ended up scoring. 

just imagine how unbeliveably obnoxious they would be if they won.

i guess their announcer was WRONG that this time they were going to win it?  lol.

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

just imagine how unbeliveably obnoxious they would be if they won.

i guess their announcer was WRONG that this time they were going to win it?  lol.

Exactly.  I’d throw them a bone with a playoff series win now and then, but I’m terrified of what would happen if they went on a run. So better just to kill them off early. 

On 4/21/2024 at 2:06 AM, lordstanley said:

Game 1 final: Boston 5  Toronto 1

this is why everyone hates toronto.

the yankees of canada except they NEVER WIN and talk **** like they have montreal's tradition.

6 minutes ago, buddha said:

this is why everyone hates toronto.

the yankees of canada except they NEVER WIN and talk **** like they have montreal's tradition.

They’re like Red Sox fans before 2004. I would hate to see them become like Red Sox fans after 2004. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Can you elaborate on the differences?

Since 1967, the Yankees have played in 11 World Series, winning 7 of them. They have 20 regular season division titles since 1967.. 
Since 1967, the Leafs have played in 0 Stanley Cup Finals. They have 2 regular season division titles since 1967 (even the Lions have 4). 

Edited by lordstanley

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Can you elaborate on the differences?

theyre the most popular team in canada and also the most hated.  they have the biggest budget.  they are all the canadian media ever talk about and are constantly the focus of reporting.  their players live in a fishbowl.  they are overrated every year by their kiss ass media in toronto, the same media that dominate the sport's coverage so its all they talk about.

and the one team that actually did win all the time - the one team that can rival the yankees for sustained success - is in a market that speaks a different language than the rest of the country: montreal.

Edited by buddha

I see Marner getting his rightful blame but man Samsonov parking his ass on the goalline and watching the puck squirt into the slot with Rielly looking on too....a lot of blame to go around on that goal woof.

What a thing for him to say, even if you're thinking it keep it to yourself because uh.... isn't that on you?  I can't believe some team is going to probably hire this fool right away.

• Confused 1