Random NHL comments/thoughts

lordstanley

8 minutes ago, buddha said:

money wise, the jets are a prime candidate to move and winnipeg is too small to sustain them much longer.

Does the NHL do any market equalization revenue sharing like the NHL (or even MLB a bit now)? - (I have zero idea.)

I suppose a smaller end market doesn't have to be the only consideration if a league sees overall value in having a team there. 

Edited by gehringer_2

13 hours ago, VegasTiger said:

What's the normal length of time for a lacerated spleen?

To be honest, I don’t know. Any other team but Vegas and it may have not raise eyebrows. But given the Knights’ track record, seems suss 

On 4/25/2024 at 1:24 PM, oblong said:

The voice of my Saturday nights.

Oh no, I didn't realize Bob Cole had died. Unless the Wings were on Pass or FSN on a Saturday night, I would always make it a point to watch HNIC on Saturday's along with HBO Boxing. I loved Bob Cole as an announcer and he is one of the very best to do it in the game of hockey and sports. This is very sad to hear. RIP Bob Cole.

43 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Oh no, I didn't realize Bob Cole had died. Unless the Wings were on Pass or FSN on a Saturday night, I would always make it a point to watch HNIC on Saturday's along with HBO Boxing. I loved Bob Cole as an announcer and he is one of the very best to do it in the game of hockey and sports. This is very sad to hear. RIP Bob Cole.

when given the choice I always listened to CBC because of Bob.... and I liked their toned down broadcast.  Nothing against Mickey and Dave/Ken but I just preferred that.  And obviously I had to be ready for Coach's Corner.

Have spent many nights over the years watching youtube clips of his greatest calls.

4 hours ago, oblong said:

when given the choice I always listened to CBC because of Bob.... and I liked their toned down broadcast.  Nothing against Mickey and Dave/Ken but I just preferred that.  And obviously I had to be ready for Coach's Corner.

Have spent many nights over the years watching youtube clips of his greatest calls.

Their intermission reports were the opposite of their broadcasts. Somehow a mild mannered hockey broadcast led by the likes of Bob Cole, Harry Neale, and Jim Houghson became a raucous affair at intermission thanks to Coach's Corner.

This . . .

Harry Neale reflects on the legendary career of Bob Cole

Turned into this . . .

CBC (Coach's Corner) February 6, 2016

16 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Imagine holding Edmonton’s powerful offense to 13 shots like LA did tonight, but still losing 1-0. No 2-2 series. One sweep, six are 3-1, Vegas up 2-1. 

I hope that I’m not imagining Rob Blake being relieved of his GM duties next week.    

• Like 1

Tampa eliminated. I think their run of excellence is over. Two straight 1st round exits. I can definitely see them missing the playoffs next season. Stamkos gone?

Had quite a run. In past 10 years, 6 conference finals including 4 SCF and 2 Stanley Cups? 

28 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Tampa eliminated. I think their run of excellence is over. Two straight 1st round exits. I can definitely see them missing the playoffs next season. Stamkos gone?

Had quite a run. In past 10 years, 6 conference finals including 4 SCF and 2 Stanley Cups? 

And the moment Jeff Blashill sets foot on their bench it’s all over with back to back 1st round exits.