3. Draisaitl

4. Makar

5. Pastrnak

6. Tkachuk

7. Matthews

8. Kucherov

9. Crosby

10. Rantanen

Imagine having 2 of the top 3 players in the league and all you have to show for it is 1 appearance in the WCF and getting bounced early in the playoffs other than that. Kenny's really doing a dynamic job there in Edmonton.

33 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Imagine having 2 of the top 3 players in the league and all you have to show for it is 1 appearance in the WCF and getting bounced early in the playoffs other than that. Kenny's really doing a dynamic job there in Edmonton.

Got thumped last night by Vancouver, 8-1. Four goals by Brock Boeser.

• 5 weeks later...

Wild what is going on in Alberta right now. Calgary and Edmonton are 30 and 31 in 32 team NHL. They have 14 points combined, two fewer than the Wings. Edmonton is already 14 points behind 3rd place in their top-heavy division.  Have to expect an Edmonton coach firing at anytime. Oilers’ Jack Campbell has been sent to the minors. 

Edited by lordstanley

Seems that Matt Petgrave has been arrested for manslaughter.  They're not releasing any names, only saying that an arrest was made, but unless there was a member of the medical staff that didn't provide care, it would seemingly have to be Petgrave being charged.  

5 hours ago, MIguy said:

Seems that Matt Petgrave has been arrested for manslaughter.  They're not releasing any names, only saying that an arrest was made, but unless there was a member of the medical staff that didn't provide care, it would seemingly have to be Petgrave being charged.  

More on Petgrave here. I don’t know what to think about this. The video makes it look deliberate but I still can’t believe someone would do that, so keep hoping it was Petgrave skating fast and losing control of his feet. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/who-is-matt-petgrave-the-hockey-player-involved-in-adam-johnsons-death/

27 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

More on Petgrave here. I don’t know what to think about this. The video makes it look deliberate but I still can’t believe someone would do that, so keep hoping it was Petgrave skating fast and losing control of his feet. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/who-is-matt-petgrave-the-hockey-player-involved-in-adam-johnsons-death/

I've watched the video several times and it looks blatantly intentional to me every time.  Not saying he was intending on hitting the dude in the throat, but there was nothing about the way his leg comes up that looks like it was just a result of being off balance.

Edited by MIguy

1 hour ago, MIguy said:

I've watched the video several times and it looks blatantly intentional to me every time.  Not saying he was intending on hitting the dude in the throat, but there was nothing about the way his leg comes up that looks like it was just a result of being off balance.

I don't disagree. 

I guess I'll be that guy and say I do disagree.  It looked to me like his leg got caught on the other player, he tried to push by the guy, and his leg came up as it came off the first player's body and he was off balance.  Almost anything can look really bad in slow motion too, have to take into account actual game speed.  Just a ****ty situation all around no matter what though, I'm not out here arguing with people who think it was intentional I just have a hard time believing it was intentional myself with all the context of the hockey game going on...but I don't fault anyone who thinks that way.  Unless the player admits to it to the police I also feel like it will be incredibly tough to prosecute him, and he hasn't been charged just arrested for an investigation.  Tragic no matter what happens.

2 hours ago, slothfacekilla said:

I guess I'll be that guy and say I do disagree.  It looked to me like his leg got caught on the other player, he tried to push by the guy, and his leg came up as it came off the first player's body and he was off balance.  Almost anything can look really bad in slow motion too, have to take into account actual game speed.  Just a ****ty situation all around no matter what though, I'm not out here arguing with people who think it was intentional I just have a hard time believing it was intentional myself with all the context of the hockey game going on...but I don't fault anyone who thinks that way.  Unless the player admits to it to the police I also feel like it will be incredibly tough to prosecute him, and he hasn't been charged just arrested for an investigation.  Tragic no matter what happens.

I don't disagree with this either.

Like you said, bottom line is it's a tragedy. It has already taken one life and impacted many others.

• 2 weeks later...

After an internal investigation, the Chicago Blackhawks have determined that Corey Perry has engaged in conduct that is unacceptable, and in violation of both the terms of his Standard Player's Contract and the Blackhawks' internal policies intended to promote professional and safe work environments. As such, Corey Perry has been placed on unconditional waivers. In the event Mr. Perry clears waivers, we intend to terminate his contract effective immediately.

Interestinggggggggggggg.  There was a salacious rumor going around that doesn't seem true, wonder what happened.

27 minutes ago, slothfacekilla said:

Interestinggggggggggggg.  There was a salacious rumor going around that doesn't seem true, wonder what happened.

Yes, the salacious rumor seems way too easy, I suspect it is completely fabricated. But he did SOMETHING, I wonder what it was. If it was a tweet, it would be posted. If it was an assault, there'd be a police record. If it was substance abuse, it would be explained differently. Hazing or bullying of Bedard? 

“Kane is attempting to become only the third player to come back to the NHL from the invasive hip operation, following defenceman Ed Jovanovski and centre Nicklas Backstrom. Jovanovski played only 37 games afterward, and Backstrom recently stepped away from the Washington Capitals 47 games into his attempt amid concerns about how his artificial left hip was holding up, with a return this season unlikely.” 
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-red-wings-sign-patrick-kane-1.7043000

So if Kane makes it to the end of the regular season he will be ahead of the curve. 

3 hours ago, Jason_R said:

“Kane is attempting to become only the third player to come back to the NHL from the invasive hip operation, following defenceman Ed Jovanovski and centre Nicklas Backstrom. Jovanovski played only 37 games afterward, and Backstrom recently stepped away from the Washington Capitals 47 games into his attempt amid concerns about how his artificial left hip was holding up, with a return this season unlikely.” 
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-red-wings-sign-patrick-kane-1.7043000

So if Kane makes it to the end of the regular season he will be ahead of the curve. 

I will be absolutely shocked if he makes it to the playoffs with regular play